Should Benoit be in this game?

#1MojoMujariPosted 5/7/2008 7:40:25 AM
Remember I said "should" obviously he won't be.

I say they should put him in, so the family can get some money out of it.
---
If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!
#2agroves120Posted 5/7/2008 7:48:22 AM
aside from the politics, the money, etc.

he should be in the game, the mans contribution is incredible, but it just wont happen like his HOF induction. A tradegy all around
#3NyStylePosted 5/8/2008 1:13:57 PM
wwe will never allow it. all the negative publicity they'd get for profiting off a murderer. he was a great wrestler. one of the best, but his legacy unfortunately is ruined for good I think as far as the company goes
#4ALoyalOnePosted 5/8/2008 3:22:18 PM
Give it a couple of years, let the heat die down some and then he'll get into the HoF.
#5ys1978Posted 5/9/2008 9:34:53 AM
No he shouldn't be because what he did was horrible. I used to be a Benoit fan but not anymore.
---
PSN: YsTitans78
Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Odin Sphere
#6Silver_Falcon18Posted 5/15/2008 12:42:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7ys1978Posted 5/16/2008 12:57:11 PM
This topic asked for opinions and I gave mine just because it is different than yours does not make me a loser. I watched Benoit wrestle for years even back when he was a mid-carder in WCW. I was a huge fan of his and even met the guy in person. You talk about just looking at his legacy, ok let's do that: WWE decided to build him up and make him their world champion he didn't wrestle himself other wrestlers helped build him up. The WWE made him champion at the main event of Wrestlemania. So a company and alot of co-workers helped take this guy to the top. Not only did he do something completely horrible and unthinkable to his own family he also turned his back on his co-workers, friends, family and his fans. To say that people should just get over what he did and just look at what he was a wrestler must be coming from someone that is very young or has never had a family.
---
PSN: YsTitans78
Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Odin Sphere
#8ALoyalOnePosted 5/16/2008 1:43:27 PM

ys1978 posted...
I watched Benoit wrestle for years even back when he was a mid-carder in WCW. I was a huge fan of his and even met the guy in person. You talk about just looking at his legacy, ok let's do that: WWE decided to build him up and make him their world champion he didn't wrestle himself other wrestlers helped build him up.

Yeah it's kind of how pro wrestling works, 2 guys go at it and put eachother over in their respective roles.

The WWE made him champion at the main event of Wrestlemania. So a company and alot of co-workers helped take this guy to the top. Not only did he do something completely horrible and unthinkable to his own family he also turned his back on his co-workers, friends, family and his fans.To say that people should just get over what he did and just look at what he was a wrestler must be coming from someone that is very young or has never had a family.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Chris Benoit had the intention of turning his back on everybody when (and if) he did what he did, nor do I think what happened is forgiveable but as far as what he accomplished in the ring I believe he should be included in this game.

#9leshog70Posted 5/26/2008 1:15:21 AM
ABSOLUTEY NOT can you imagine the uproar and controversy this would cause if Chris Benoit is put in this game, I can see it now all the protests media backlash against the WWE and makers of this game
#10smallmarket77Posted 5/27/2008 8:16:28 PM
ys1978:

Benoit was my favorite wrestler since i saw him in a handicapped match against the Stieners in ECW 1995........I will forever look at Benoit as my favorite wrestler, as I can seperate his career from the end of his life.

I also feel that Lawrence Taylor was the greatest linebacker of all time, however i do not condone the use of cocaine.

And yes, I am 31 years old, and have a wife and 2 children.......