snipe question

#1Kanaichi_KaoruPosted 1/13/2010 5:46:13 PM
I just started playing this game and read that snipe can steal items from enemies. I was wondering if I can steal an item without killing the enemy or if I should kill the enemy so I can see what item I stole. I'm at the first encounter with prinny and I read that you can get a pricey pot lid from him. I tried overkilling and stealing from him alot of times. But I can't seem to get it.

Is it possible to see if I stole an item from an enemy or not if I dont kill it? Thanks
---
I may be a girl, but I play games just like the guys do. So don't go on telling me "girls don't play computer games."
#2CorkadilePosted 1/13/2010 6:03:29 PM
You can steal without killing the enemy, but you can also steal when the enemy is already dead within the same combo. There are also two kinds of items carried by enemies, Normal and Rare, and there are Normal steal skills and Rare steal skills. York's Snipe is a Normal steal, while his first EX skill Faceoff is a Rare steal. One of the reasons you may not be getting it is it might be a Rare one, not a Normal one, tho I don't remember so I can't say for sure.
---
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.
#3Kanaichi_Kaoru(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2010 10:11:46 PM
Ah. So I just have to use York's EX skill alot to get the Rare item from Prinny. I'll go try it later on.

Thanks alot =D
---
I may be a girl, but I play games just like the guys do. So don't go on telling me "girls don't play computer games."