360 Controller Help!

#1GardianBouPosted 2/5/2009 3:35:23 PM
This game was made to play on an XBOX controller. I just can't do it with keyboard and mouse. I have my controller plugged into my laptop and the game won't register it. I know some people are playing it on 360 controllers, but how do I get the game to register it?

Anyhow, the game looks great. I couldn't have expected more! Maxing it at 60 fps. 40 with SSAO. Looks better than the XBOX version, but I NEED my controller to work.

Any help is appreciated. This is important because with the keyboard controls like in almost all the racing games I own, when I try and turn left while using NOS, one or the other will not work. I either won't turn left, or I won't use NOS, not both. Controllers fix that issue for me.
---
Best game in the world. . . . . .Flatout 2!
Best country in the world. . . . . .England!
#2GoIrish80Posted 2/5/2009 3:40:17 PM
Are you certain the newest drivers from MS are installed for the controller?

And just so I'm sure here, you're not using a wireless controller plus the Play and Charge USB cord to plug it in, are you? Because that doesn't work.
---
AMD 9950 BE, 4gb RAM, ATI 1gb 4870, Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Combo Drive, 1 400gb HD, 1 320gb HD, 650w PSU, 46" 1080p Bravia
#3GardianBou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2009 3:57:26 PM
I'm using the plug and play one. I'll try seeing if my drivers are the latest.
---
#4GoIrish80Posted 2/5/2009 4:02:53 PM
Yeah, go to MS's site and make sure you have the latest drivers because they were much better than the originals.

And if that doesn't fix it, I'm honestly not sure lol. Does the green ring on the controller light up when you plug it in at least? Are you having problems with just this game or anything you try to use it on?
---
AMD 9950 BE, 4gb RAM, ATI 1gb 4870, Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Combo Drive, 1 400gb HD, 1 320gb HD, 650w PSU, 46" 1080p Bravia
#5GardianBou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2009 4:49:31 PM
Updated drivers and it didn't fix it. Yeah, the green light lights up and selects player 1. I'm going to try using my ps2 usb controller and my racing wheel.

It's only this game I'm getting and issue with it in.
---
#6BobbyTommorrowPosted 2/5/2009 4:54:25 PM
When you are in game press escape and then press F2 twice (until you get to settings options) go to controls. Does it show your 360 controller as an option?
---
92 percent of developers ignoring vista
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-9969231-16.html?hhTest=1
#7GardianBou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2009 5:28:00 PM
No, it doesn't even show it as an option. Any ideas on how to fix it?
---
#8KarmithiusPosted 2/5/2009 6:05:53 PM
If you are using the Play and Charge kit to connect the controller to your PC, you should know that the controller is Wireless no matter what. Which means that wire is doing nothing but charging your controller and it's not actually feeding input to the system.

The only fix is to get the USB Wireless reciever for 20 bucks from EBgames.

---
#9GardianBou(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2009 6:26:50 PM
I have a wired controller. It never was nor is wireless in anyway. Does anybody know of there being a bug where the game can't accept other game controllers?

My XBOX 360 Wired controller
My Logitec PS2 USB controller
My Logitec MOMO Racing Wheel Set

All aren't even registered in the game. How do I fix this? Is it a bug that needs patching? Or am I doing something wrong? I've updated to the latest drivers for all 3 pieces of hardware and have even tried forcing them in the Logitec profiler to no avail.

Other people are gaming with usb controllers right?
---
#10Chad_711Posted 2/5/2009 6:43:30 PM
I posted about this in another thread. If you are having troubles getting the game to recognizing your controller then it means you might have more then one gaming controller plugged in to your computer. In my case I was trying to use my xbox controller but I had that AND my G25 racing wheel plugged in. It selected my G25 by default. The game will only show one controller and the KB configs.

Go into C:\Users\*USER NAME**\AppData\Local\Criterion Games\Burnout Paradise

delete the Config.ini file. This will reset everything when you launch the game again. This time before launching game remove all controllers besides the one you want to use.

FYI: You will need to adjust any other config's you have done to the game, i.e graphics, sound, etc.