Can't get the game to work

#1p s x 19Posted 12/31/2009 4:21:57 PM
Hey everyone. So I was excited when I saw that this game was on sale for $7.50 on steam. Picked one up for myself and one for a friend. I installed it, and at first I it said on steam the game was unavailable. Took a while to get the game to actually start. Now my issue is it never goes past the Criterion game screen (sometimes it'll get to the gun n roses song, but that was twice out of 50+ attempts). It simply gets stuck, and my mouse cursor doesn't move anymore, and I have to ctrl+alt+dlt.

I have tried:

-updating my drivers
-skip intro "fix"
-messing with every possible combination of the config
-verifying the game on steam
-reinstalling the game completely
-disabling DEP for the game (not sure if this even does anything)

My specs:
Dell Vostro 1500
T7250 duo core 2 GHz
Nvidia 8600M GT
2 gig ram
Windows Vista

I've been trying for about 4 days now on and off to get this game to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
#2vashmotoPosted 12/31/2009 5:56:52 PM
Verifying the game was the only thing that worked for me. Sorry that I will be unable to help you, but I hope you get it fixed soon.
---
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/vashmoto/kenshiro.jpg
#3p s x 19(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2010 10:45:50 AM
Thanks! I FINALLY got it work, thanks to the random topic on the steam burnout forums.

If anyone else went through the steps that I did and still couldn't get past the loading screen, try this:

On steam, right click on the game to open up a window that allows you to make special launch options. In it, type in "-multithread" without the quotes. That was enough to get it to work for me. Good luck!
#4V0lc0m001Posted 1/2/2010 3:13:20 PM

Thanks! I FINALLY got it work, thanks to the random topic on the steam burnout forums.

If anyone else went through the steps that I did and still couldn't get past the loading screen, try this:

On steam, right click on the game to open up a window that allows you to make special launch options. In it, type in "-multithread" without the quotes. That was enough to get it to work for me. Good luck!

I was having the same problem and that worked, thanks!
---
http://i25.tinypic.com/14bqbo9.jpg
#5xthebib62Posted 1/4/2010 3:17:28 PM
@ p s x 19

Thanks! It works now.
Not sure if what you typed helped out, but i also set the compatibly to win-xp SP-3 and ... finally! it now works so thanks