This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You can revisit Johto in Pokemon Platinum after finishing the game???

#1charizard1605Posted 7/3/2008 5:04:22 AM

Okay, I know a lot of people think that Pokemon Platinum is in fact going to be a remake of Pokemon Gold and Silver. This fact is not true. Pokemon Platinum is the 'Extended Edition' of Diamond and Pearl, much like Emerald and Crystal. And so, the hopes of us Johto fans seem to have been dashed yet again.

No one knows when the long speculated remake of G/S/C will be released. Yet it appears that we might get to revisit Johto in full 3D after all.

It is being rumoured that Pokemon Platinum will have Johto as an accesible area after you finish the Sinnoh quest, much like Kanto in G/S/C. Though at first, this may sound a bit ludicrous and absurd, this actually starts making sense, especially when you consider the following:

a) Pokemon Diamond and Pearl are more like Gold and Silver than any other game. Even their 'spiritual feel' is similar to the Johto games.

b) They have day and night like G/S//C had. This ideally sets up the stage for a visit to Johto, as unlike Kanto and Hoenn, day and night exist there.

And the real reasons are:

c) Sinnoh is placed just a little after Pokemon Gold and Silver on the Pokemon Timeline (if you want, I'll provide you with that too... just PM me). As the game begins when the Red Gyarados has just appeared in the Lake of Rage, we can assume that the completion of the total quests in both games happens at roughly about the same time i.e. when the protagonist of Gold and Silver defeats Red/Ash, the protagonist of Diamond and Pearl conquers the Sinnoh Elite 4. This means that it is an ideal time to visitr Johto now, and see how things are immediately after we finish G/S/C.

d) Finally, Diamond and Pearl are filled with innumerable references to Gold and Silver's storyline. Like we saw with Ruby Sapphire and then Emerald, Nintendo usually elaborates upon these casually thrown references drastically... an ideal interpretation of this statement would be that with these references, Nintendo has, in fact, set the stage for a revisit to Johto in Platinum, thus making it more different from its 'companions' than any other 'companion' in the series so far.

So there you have it. I admit, the possibility of this happening seems extremely likely to me. However, considering how the hopes of us 'Johto lovers' have been dashed in the past, I would not encourage anybody to get their hopes up. All we can do is wait... because surely, one day, Nintendo too will feel the urge to revisit Johto... may that day come with the start of the development cycle of Platinum.

#2xF0xPosted 7/3/2008 5:20:57 AM
Highly unlikely. There isn't that much space on game card to add the whole new Torn World, new locations in Sinnoh AND the whole Johto. So no, I don't believe it.
---
"I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin. The difference being, one is a job and the other is a mental sickness."
#3sollightPosted 7/3/2008 6:18:25 AM
Actually, the game card has still tons of space, Pokemon D/P has 64 MB, and Torn will not take so much, so adding everything will just make it to 128 MB(a normal memory of good games now)so yes, it is possible, but the thing is, why would they add it?
---
SSBB FC:2062-8832-2313
Pokemon Diamond FC: 4897-3979-2630
#4Leonardo9889Posted 7/3/2008 6:22:50 AM
There's not much chance they will add it. I would speculate a 3.2% chance of being able to visit Johto. The game just makes references to Johto regions, but that doesn't actually leave a concrete answer that Johto will be revisitable.
---
"Hell, I'm surprised that you didn't ask 'should I breathe?' Life really is the most complicated of all games" - gbchaosmaster
#5GexetGuyPosted 7/3/2008 6:26:20 AM
Let's see here:
Platinum = Money
G/S remake = More Money

(Platinum+ G/S Remake) / One Game Cartridge = Less Money

Thus proving that Revisiting Johto in Platinum =/= Money, and Revisiting Johto in Platinum = False
---
How Appropriate! You fight like a cow!
#6ThepowerofpikaPosted 7/3/2008 6:41:00 AM
I'll warn you about having a hope like that. Even if Johto is in after the sinnoh quest there's still a chance it's be treated like Kanto in GS.

To put it simply you guys are extremely nalstagic about Johto right?

I'm very nalstagic about Kanto.

Kanto in GS is the very reason I can't stand GS as much as the rest. The games were good don't get me wrong there but I'd would have rathered if the the remix music of Kanto didn't suck (the gym leader music in Kanto was all I liked and I actually loved all of RBY music so it's weird to hate it in GS). I would have rathered Kanto to have kept it's Safari zone, not shared the elite 4 with Johto like it did which meant there wasn't that much of a point to the badges other than to challenge red, actually had badges of Kanto shown instead of stopping at showing 8 badges from Johto and just adding a number (you couldn't exactly look at the Kanto badges), access to seafoam islands, cinnabar island music (which was non existant in GS) and unknown dungeon and more story. More areas to explore instead of leaving only dark tunnel and that's it. No Pokemon tower since it became a radio station.

That's what I would have rathered in Kanto in GS and none of that was in GS.

Can you imagine a Johto that had no story of team rocket, no bug catching contest for one reason or another, most exploration areas removed except for one or 2 areas, No Johto badges shown when looking at badges in case and only show sinnoh, lack of side quests ect.

This is leterally the treatment Kanto got in GS. Do you honestly want that with Johto?

I as a Kanto nalstagic was very very dissapointed with GS due to how butchered Kanto was. It was like Joto is superior now so we're going to crap all over your favourite region so there. That's how I felt. No wonder GS is my least favourite. I'm forcing myself through gold but in all honesty after being dissapointed years ago I rarely ever go to the kanto part after Johto.

Johto is all the GS needed. I could have done without kanto.
All I had to do was play Red, Blue and yellow which had the more enjoyable kanto at the time.

Sorry if I'm sounding very annoyed at the moment. As said I'm playing Gold. I played through the Johto part and enjoyed it but I just finally got past the kanto part. I said I'd play all my games again and I'm seriously dreading going through kanto in my silver and Crystal.

I'd rather pick up my Japanese green and japanese yellow I got in the last few months if I wanted to go through Kanto.

As much as GS is my least favourite games I still don't want to see another region go through the same crap Kanto went through in GS. It isn't worth it and if your really nalstagic it will dissapoint if they do ruin it. The feeling dissapears. That's all I'll say.
---
Diamond version Name: Anne
Friend code: 2921 6219 5075
#7charizard1605(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2008 6:47:27 AM

GexetGuy posted...
Let's see here:
Platinum = Money
G/S remake = More Money

(Platinum+ G/S Remake) / One Game Cartridge = Less Money

Thus proving that Revisiting Johto in Platinum =/= Money, and Revisiting Johto in Platinum = False
---
How Appropriate! You fight like a cow!

Actually, its not going to be a remake, just a minor skimming of Johto, just to see what its like now. The true remakes were different. Revisiting Kanto in G/S/C didn't mean that FireRed and LeafGreen wouldn't be released, did it?

[QUOTE="Leonardo9889]There's not much chance they will add it. I would speculate a 3.2% chance of being able to visit Johto. The game just makes references to Johto regions, but that doesn't actually leave a concrete answer that Johto will be revisitable.[/QUOTE]

well, it is a rumour... might materialise... might not...

#8TrackstarrunnerPosted 7/3/2008 6:59:08 AM
possibilities. . . . . although it probably would have been installed in earlier games like diamond and pearl, the ability to go to other places, u could possibly travel to Johto (sp?) through torn world. . . . just puttin it out there
---
no sig no jig no nothing
#9khoofia_pikaPosted 7/3/2008 7:03:09 AM

Hey charizard,

Man, I would really love to revisit Johto once again, aqnd this time with better graphics and everything, but revisiting it right now, in Pokemon Platinum, is not such e very good idea. You being a huge fan of G/S/C understand this- G/S/C has a very magical and deep feeling to it and its not a kind of game which can be rushed through. Now, you might say that there's no need for the sidequests, only gyms and the pokemon league can be kept. But then, whats the point of having G/S/C? Johto is a place to explore and rushing through it within two hours would be blasphemy.

If, within a year or two more, G/S/C is re-released seperately, then that would be, according to me, the best thing Nintendo could have ever done.

#10Scortchedv2Posted 7/3/2008 7:14:54 AM

From charizard1605 Posted 7/3/2008 6:04:22 AM #001

Okay, I know a lot of people think that Pokemon Platinum is in fact going to be a remake of Pokemon Gold and Silver.

There are people that think that?
---
I hide in my music, forget the day, and dream of a girl I used to know.
http://i29.tinypic.com/1pgnjd.jpg|http://tiny.cc/lastfm979