The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: I break down the satanism in Pokemon article

#1Espeon08Posted 7/7/2008 2:08:21 PM
http://www.cephasministry.com/save_our_children_pokemon_booklet.html
This will be useful for all of you who can't play the games. You can present this to overbearing parents. If they don't do anything, they are hypocrites.

First Paragraph:
My little grandson is only 3 and a half, but is already obsessed with Pokemon, and his Mum, my daughter Deborah, {who is not saved as yet,} buys him whatever he asks for.
Most children at 3 and a half don't have enough attention span to be obsessed with anything for more than a few months, so if something grabs their attention, it's no big deal.

He has all the cards, counters, {Like toy money}, and all the little plastic figures. The last time they visited us, he had his pokemon cards, coins, and figures with him, and he was DREADFUL!!
The counters are NOTHING like toy money. They are as described, counters. Yes, they are in the shape of a coin, but you don't use it as money, you use it to count turns, points, etc. And just because he was dreadful at the same time he had the toys means nothing. He could have Jesus toys and be just as bad. How he acts reflects on the parenting, which in turn reflects on the authors parenting. Trying to shift the blame much?

He was rude, cheeky, wouldnt eat any lunch, tried to run away several times, bit his big sister hard on the arm and made her cry.
Unless you can prove that Pokemon made him do this, again, the bad parenting is reflected. Pokemon has nothing to do with this bad behavior.

He also likes power rangers, batman, Karate, {he knows already how to Kick-box!} and swords, he has the light up Jedi sword. All his seven goldfish have Pokemon names! What can you tell me about Pokemon? We have a number of articles about Pokemon and Harry Potter to which people without a computer have no access. Feel free to make copies of this and hand it to mothers and fathers.
Ok, so he has a bunch of toys. And what's wrong with naming his Goldfish Pokemon names. He's 3. What is to be expected? Bible names? Children his age don't have the attention span to be interested by Jesus and church, Pokemon or not.

DON'T POST YET
---
Santana722
#2Espeon08(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2008 2:18:51 PM
Who are the strange little creatures from Japan that have suddenly become global super-stars? Most kids know the answer well: They are called Pokemon (short for POCKEt MONster and pronounced Pokeymon), and they have stirred up some mixed reactions.
Ok, nothing big here, just a short introduction.

"We just sent a letter home today saying Pokemon cards are no longer allowed on campus," said Paula Williams, a second-grade teacher in Danville, California. "The kids know they're supposed to be put away when they come in from recess, but they're often in the middle of a trade, so they don't come in on time. In the more extreme cases, the older kids are getting little kids to trade away valuable cards . . . . It drives a teacher crazy."
More cases of bad parenting. If kids have been raised not knowing that disobediance and ripping people off are bad, well what can you expect. The Pokemon anime stresses how BAD stealing is.

It concerns parents even more. "Recently, my children were given a set of Pokemon cards," said DiAnna Brannan, a Seattle mom. "They are very popular with the children at our church and elsewhere. I was instantly suspicious but couldn't discern the problem. We have since been told that they are stepping stones to the 'Magic cards' that have been popular for the last few years, which we do not allow."
Magic cards and Pokemon cards are comepletely unrelated. That's like saying a deck of Playing Cards leads to gambling. Yes, it can be done, but that is a result of bad choices, and at least these cannot effect the children. There are tons of hardcore Magic players who have never touched a Pokemon card, while most Pokemon card players will stay with them instead of moving on. As previously stated, Magic cards are already popular, and banned, so the children cannot even access them, but if they wanted to, Pokemon would not be why.

She is right. For instance, any child exploring the most popular Pokemon websites " 2 will be linked to a selection of occult games such as Sailor Moon, Star Wars, and others more overtly evil. A click on the ad for "Magic: the Gathering" brings Pokemon fans to a site offering promotions such as this:
Sailor Moon and STAR WARS occult?! That is laughable. Not to mention that all sites have ads of many sorts. Even the best of sites can bring you to something worse within 5 clicks.

"A global games phenomenon, Magic: The Gathering is to the 1990s what Dungeons and Dragons was to the 1980s, but with the added dimension of collectibility. Here is the official reference to the biggest new teen/young adult fantasy game of the decade, complete with full-color reproductions of every existing Magic card.
What's so bad about that? Are people not supposed to advertise any more? Just going on the internet and watching TV are more likely to bring you to play Magic than playing Pokemon.

---

Okay, taking a break. People can continue for me, bump, or refute my points, but I am not done.
---
Santana722
#3Gaming_PicklePosted 7/7/2008 2:22:48 PM
everyone laughs at that article, it fails hard.

Don't take it too seriously dude.
---
(>^_^)=0 This is Kirby preforming a falcon pawnch. Number of users pawnch'd:11;Brawl FC: 2406-4800-9143/PMDEOD FC: 4811-7338-0785
#4Espeon08(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2008 2:25:19 PM
I'm not taking this seriously, I'm loling too. But there are hardcore "Pokemon is the tools of the Devil, etc." people, so I might as well give our side something to throw back at them.
---
Santana722
#5LucarioSenseiPosted 7/7/2008 2:26:03 PM
A lot of 3-year old kids are that rude. They always want to seem old, that is just their attitude, pokemon doesn't changes how they act! I was that too, and I wasn't a fan of pokemon! And about the power rangers and others things, a lot of young kids like those cartoons! I mean, almost all of what she said relates to 3-year old boys attitude, so don't say pokemon has something to do with that. BTW this topic was very needed.I've heard many complains about guys that aren't allowed to play pokemon.
---
Burn the witch! I mean, the Mismagius!
#6Espeon08(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2008 2:28:27 PM
I made this topic because of omega's topic.
---
Santana722
#7Gaming_PicklePosted 7/7/2008 2:28:51 PM
you did a good job, but I don't think those kinds of people are on gamefaqs, especially the pokemon section.
---
(>^_^)=0 This is Kirby preforming a falcon pawnch. Number of users pawnch'd:11;Brawl FC: 2406-4800-9143/PMDEOD FC: 4811-7338-0785
#8LucarioSenseiPosted 7/7/2008 2:29:57 PM
^right, but look at the beggining of the first post.
---
Burn the witch! I mean, the Mismagius!
#9Gaming_PicklePosted 7/7/2008 2:31:54 PM
Oh whoops. Sorry bout that guys. Heh...
---
#10Espeon08(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2008 2:32:28 PM
No, this is more for this kind of situation:
Son:Why can't I play pokemon?
Parental Unit:Because this(satanic-pokemon article) says so
Son: Well this (printout of topic) says that is bull****. And pokemon didn't teach me that. School did. So you can take away school
Parental Unit:...
---
Santana722