This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pokerus The Complete Guide

#1YOGURTGUN1245Posted 3/29/2009 1:18:54 PM
This is a Guide For Pokerus Please do not Post Untill I post a Message Saying it is ok to post
Yogurtgun1245 Presents:
The Complete Guide to Pokerus
Use Ctrl F to quickly find topics.
Table of Contents
1. [What] What is Pokerus?
2. [Identify] How do I know if I already have Pokerus?
3. [How] How Do I get Pokerus?
4. [Uses] What does Pokerus do to my Pokémon?
5. [Spread] How do I Spread Pokerus to my other Pokémon?
6. [Losing] Where did my Pokerus go and how can I preserve it?
7. [Questions] Questions and Answers Segment
8. [Credits] See where I got my sources and claims from

1. [What] What is Pokerus?
Pokerus is a bacterial infection your Pokémon can get. No it does not kill your Pokémon or Glitch the game. Pokerus is not a side effect to hacking either; it’s a naturally occurring thing within the game. Pokerus may sound like a troublesome pest that is hard to get rid of but it’s really only increase the EV or Effort Values earned by a Pokémon. Pokerus is NOT a status effect and the effects of Pokerus never truly go away.
2. [Identify] How do I know if I already have Pokerus?
There are two very simple ways to see if your Pokémon has Pokerus.
A. Look at your Pokémon’s summary
If your Pokémon already has Pokerus you can find out if it says PKRS next to the Pokémon's name in the summary. Then that Pokémon has Pokerus.
B. Go to the Pokémon Center
This method really does not need to be in the game but it is anyway. All you do is take your Pokémon to the Pokémon Center and the nurse will tell you that she thinks one of your Pokémon has Pokerus.

3. [how] How do I get Pokerus?
Pokerus is very rare. There is a less than 1/1000 chance that a Pokémon you meet will actually have Pokerus. There is there ways of getting Pokerus.
A. Physical Contact
You can get Pokerus by physically attacking a Pokémon who has the virus. But they won’t work unless it’s a move that actually requires your Pokémon to come in contact with the other Pokémon. Let go over the moves that will NOT work. Moves such as but not limited to Earthquake, waterfall, Spark, Rockslide, etc.
Move that WILL work are but are not limited to tackle, Iron head, Bounce, U turn, Rock Climb, Rock smash etc.
B. Catching a Pokémon with Pokerus.
This is the most common way of obtaining Pokerus. It’s as simple as that just catch a bunch of Pokémon and you will eventually get one with Pokerus. All though there is no way of telling that a Pokémon had Pokerus until you catch it and look at its summary.
C. Trading
Trading, TRADING, TRRADDIIINNNNGG. This method is becoming more and more common as Wi-Fi is becoming more and more common. A lot of people who already have Pokerus infect a lot of their Pokémon with it. This makes Pokerus much easier and faster to obtain than ever before.

---
Go to http://yogurtgun1245.niceboard.com
superkoolyogurthacker bros
#2YOGURTGUN1245(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2009 1:19:12 PM
4. [Uses] What does Pokerus do to my Pokémon?
Pokerus for the causal player does absolutely “nothing”. But for competitive players it is the key to EV Training Pokémon effectively and quickly. (Now I assume you already know what EV training is so I will not be discussing how it works and how to do it. In short it makes your Pokémon stronger then they could possibly be if you did not EV train them.) ok so Pokerus is extremely useful if you wish to EV train Pokémon. What it does is it Doubles the amount of EVs your Pokémon earns when battling. So say you defeat a bidoof. Instead of getting 1 HP EV point you get 2. But it can also stack with items such as the macho brace. So instead of getting 2 points you get 4!

5. [Spread] How do I Spread Pokerus to my other Pokémon?
Now if you already have a Pokémon infected with Pokerus there are two ways to spread it to your other Pokémon. But you must have your infected Pokémon in t
A. Battle
This is the easier and much faster way of spreading Pokerus. You simply need to get in a battle and you have a 10% chance of spreading Pokerus to your second Pokémon in the party. Each Pokémon in the party chances go down with every Pokémon down it is. So the 6th Pokémon has the lowest chances of getting Pokerus. But as more Pokémon catch Pokerus in your party the higher the chances are for the next Pokémon down. You do not need to defeat the Pokémon you are fighting so you can just find wild Pokémon and run away.
B. Walking
This method takes time but does not require battling and running away from Pokémon. You simply walk around for a while and some of your Pokémon will randomly start getting infected with Pokerus.

6. [Losing] Where did my Pokerus go and how can I preserve it?

Like I said before you cannot ever get rid of the effects of Pokerus on a Pokémon .Much like any other virus Pokerus comes and goes. Pokerus lasts roughly 24 hours and sometimes shorter if you get a lot of EV points. But there is a way to keep strains of it alive. Much like scientist do when they freeze samples of diseases you can also freeze Pokerus. The only method I know of is to simply put your Pokerus infected Pokémon into a box in the PC.

Now if you Pokémon HAD Pokerus and its now gone you can tell because there is a little face that looks something like this  next to your Pokémon. Now the Effects of Pokerus are NOT gone you still get double EVs. But you cannot spread Pokerus to anymore Pokémon with that Pokémon. Also that Pokémon cannot get Pokerus again.

7. [Questions] Questions and Answers Segment

Q: What in the world is EV training and EVs?
A: Check another FAQ this one is about Pokerus not EVs

Q: Can Pokerus be spread to eggs?
A: Yes Pokerus can be spread to eggs and when they hatch they will have Pokerus.

Q: Can Legendary Pokémon get Pokerus?
A: Any Pokémon in the game can get Pokerus.

Q: Will you give me Pokerus?
A: Maybe if you somehow contact me.

Q: My Pokémon has Pokerus how do I get rid of it?
A: Sorry, the only way to completely get rid of Pokerus is to release the Pokémon or wait for it to get the face.

Q: My Pokémon has the little face can I still spread Pokerus?
A: No you cannot you must somehow get another strain of Pokerus.

8. [Credits] See where I got my sources and claims from
Credit goes to Kakadragon for giving me all this info in Pokerus.
Credit to myself for organizing his findings and adding my own to them
Credit to Nintendo for making Pokémon and some info on Pokerus
Credit to Dusk1928 who gave me Pokerus
Credit to GameFAQs where this is posted (and should remain posted)
If you have any questions or comments email me at yogurtgun1245@verizon.net

---
#3YOGURTGUN1245(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2009 1:20:05 PM
you may start posting
---
#4YOGURTGUN1245(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2009 1:22:02 PM
BUMP
---
#5Knuckles_6Posted 3/29/2009 1:23:37 PM
I heard a lopunny spread pokerus to over half of the male pokemon population.
o_O
---
Winning isn't everything; it's the only thing that matters.
Who's dumber, the fool or those who encourage him?
#6Tonberry66Posted 3/29/2009 1:24:43 PM
i see what knuckles did there

nice guide, it will help newbies :)
#7YOGURTGUN1245(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2009 1:25:01 PM
umm ok?

i sent this in as an FAQ i was just checking to see if i could add more to it
---
#8Phatboy23Posted 3/29/2009 1:26:22 PM
can u give me pokerus?
---
PSN: phatboy23
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3609 6942 8083
#9YOGURTGUN1245(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2009 1:27:19 PM
are you being serious or just asking that?
---
#10Phatboy23Posted 3/29/2009 1:27:56 PM
im super serial lol but yeah i needs the pokerus
---
PSN: phatboy23
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3609 6942 8083