This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you pass down Egg Moves and TMs to a baby?

#1TakerV1rebornPosted 8/29/2009 7:01:43 AM
We all know that fathers can pass along certain moves to their offspring and we can also pass along other compatable TMs to the new Pokemon. Can you do both? I have a female Gible that knows Earthquake and Stone Edge, but I want to breed it my male Dragonite that knows Outrage. My question is will both sets of move pass to the new Gible, or will it NOT learn the TM moves?
---
~~~TakerVersion1~~~
Trolling is a art.
#2Darth MomPosted 8/29/2009 7:07:40 AM
The father is the one that passes moves, the mother determines species. The moves that the mother knows is irrelevant. Your baby will be a Gible that gets Outrage, but nothing from the mother.

And if the father knows both egg moves and TMs that the baby can learn, then both egg moves and TMs will pass on.
---
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the hell happened?"
#3TakerV1reborn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2009 7:19:22 AM
Boy... there's got to be a way to get this to work.

Is there any sort of chain breeding I can do for this? I'd like to get this to work, as I no longer have the Stone Edge TM, and it's total BS that Garchomp can't learn EQ by level up. What if I were to breed the female that knows EQ and Stone Edge with a Ditto, would the moves pass in this case?... But even then, I'd have two males, one that knows Outrage, one that knows EQ and Stone Edge.

There must we a way!!!! *shakes fist*
---
~~~TakerVersion1~~~
Trolling is a art.
#4TakerV1reborn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2009 7:23:11 AM
You know what, nevermind. I decided to check on a hunch, and it turns out the Tutor in the Survival Area teaches Outrage.
---
~~~TakerVersion1~~~
Trolling is a art.
#5supa_gyarados94Posted 8/29/2009 8:30:32 AM
one time i breeded a female piplup with a ditto and got the female's moves. why dont you try that until you get the opposite sex for both species and still retain the moves
---
http://sharkrobot.com/store/images/shirt_ninjabot_magikarp.jpg http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=946308&topic=50761088.
#6TakerV1reborn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2009 12:09:18 PM
I already solved my own problem, but thanks though.
---
~~~TakerVersion1~~~
Trolling is a art.
#7RedYoshi27Posted 8/29/2009 2:41:36 PM
I see you've solved your problem but if the female knows the move and the father has it then the child will know it upon hatching given its possible to learn it at that stage.
---
My thoughts on piracy: You wouldn't download a car.~ FridgeBeard on videogame piracy
Pokemon Platinum FC: 2364-1507-8710 Name: Leaf
#8godogodPosted 8/29/2009 2:56:28 PM
mom also passes natures
---
[In Soviet Russia, a moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message]
#9UmuruPosted 8/29/2009 3:03:09 PM
Tyranitar is able to learn both Stone Edge and Earthquake, as well as Outrage from the Move Tutor, if you ever need to pass it on again.
#10TakerV1reborn(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2009 3:35:51 PM
^ Gible can't pick any of those through breeding though. At least not with Tyranitar.
---
~~~TakerVersion1~~~
Trolling is a art.