This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arcanine vs. Infernape

#1AindZs91Posted 2/27/2010 4:32:46 PM
Yes, I do know Infernape is considered better, but I still wonder why Arcanine is UU.

Infernape is much frailer than Arcanine and it has lower attack, I really see the movepool and speed being the only way it outclasses Arcanine.

So, what's your opinion on this? Facts also welcome.
#2nan0blackPosted 2/27/2010 4:37:19 PM
I really see the movepool and speed being the only way it outclasses Arcanine.
---
*Clears throat* Nan0, you rock!~Lovenlife124
Don't argue with Nan0...he'll win, not you~Dawnstar56
#3AindZs91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2010 4:39:07 PM
So that's it then? Even though it's bulkier.
#4nan0blackPosted 2/27/2010 4:42:07 PM
Arcanine's physical movepool is trash, and although it's bulkier, it tends to not matter since it has quite a few common weaknesses including a weakness to SR.
---
#5kirbymuncherPosted 2/27/2010 4:49:20 PM
Yeah, arcanine is bulkier but not bulky enough to actually wall. So, it's pretty much between their attacking power, and it should be obvious infernape is better off in that category.
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#6AindZs91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2010 4:50:26 PM
True, true. It's movepool's no good.
#7AindZs91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2010 4:51:11 PM
Yeah, Fire isn't really the "Wall-type".
#8DD44Posted 2/27/2010 4:55:14 PM
Arcanine's physical movepool isn't BAD, especially with Extremespeed and gaining Thunder Fang and Flare Blitz, but what it really lacks is a two-stage boost. If it had Swords Dance it might be more widely used, but Infernape has Nasty Plot, takes neutral from Stealth Rock, Fighting STAB, and has ridiculous physical options. And Arcanine isn't all THAT much bulkier. Arcanine is definitely not a BAD Pokemon, but Infernape is just better.
---
Anyone who sees life as anything less than pure entertainment is missing the point.
-George Carlin 1937-2008
#9AindZs91(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2010 5:00:56 PM
Pretty much what I think, not bad, just outclassed. And Swords Dance would really be an improvement for it.
#10nan0blackPosted 2/27/2010 5:09:23 PM
Arcanine's movepool isn't completely terrible in UU, but in comparison with infernape, it doesn't hold a candle. The only decent moves it has on the physical side are Flare Blitz, Thunderfang, Extreme Speed and Crunch. It has no way of beefing up its attack with the exception of roar, and the only useful thing it has over infernape is intimidate, and salamence is far superior in that role. The bottom line is arcanine is a predictable pokemon that has no place in OU.
---