This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can quick claw work against anything?

#1SteveBobPosted 3/24/2010 10:41:34 AM
I'm trying to get the birds and Cresselia. I've got a Starly with Endeavor so it can knock their health down to 1 but I can't get a hit in before they flee. If I keep trying will quick claw eventually allow me to land a hit before they **** off or am I gonna just have to level him up loads?

---
Would you kindly read this signature?...
PSN: SteveBob7 YouTube: SteveBob104
#2miniyoshi95Posted 3/24/2010 10:45:42 AM
quick claw should work. Although it would be best with something else.
---
Yoshi all the way
#3SteveBob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2010 10:47:01 AM
Yeah I was thinking about Bronzong with Block but it's so slow that I'd have to level it really high wouldn't I? I can't really be bothered levelling a Pokemon up just for this unless it's really necessary.

---
#4miniyoshi95Posted 3/24/2010 10:53:25 AM
yeah i know what you mean.
---
Yoshi all the way
#5vsalinas005Posted 3/24/2010 12:44:30 PM
Why not use a ghost with a +speed nature and a High Speed IV? I myself used a 120+ Haunter to catch Zapdos and Moltres, wasn't until yesterday that I finally lucked out with a quick ball on Articuno(I had been using Dusk balls until last night).
#6Darth MomPosted 3/24/2010 12:59:23 PM
Get a Wynaut however you wish; evolve it into Wobbuffet, making sure you keep Encore. Then, when you want to go after a runner, lead with Wobby. Have it Encore, then switch to your Starly w/ Endeavor. The runner will still be busy with Encore, and the Starly should be able to get off an Endeavor before the Encore finishes.
---
Daughter, to her brother: "I find your existence infuriating."
#7iDefinitionPosted 3/24/2010 1:03:06 PM
They still run when they Sleep. You'll won't believe this but you'll go WTF when they escape. But then, if you don't care that they run (And they don't run too far, sometimes I encounter them again after two-three go and returns to a route) you get a parement (For some reason Firefox won't let me correct it) boost to the catch rate, which would DOUBLE it. Paralyze gives 1.5, as well for the others, freeze gives 2.0x boost too, but given it doesn't happen too freqently..

Anyway, Quick Claw should work.
#8gamesmasterwanttobePosted 3/24/2010 3:22:22 PM
Train a poke with mean look + baton pass and another poke with a sleep move/baton pass or false swipe, or combine all three in a team if you can. This will save you hours of torment, I guarantee - just make sure your pokes are high enough level to handle the damage the legendaries dish out, and are fast enough to get the mean looks in before they can escape.
Job done.
P.S Nest balls work very nicely on 1HP pokes, whatever the level
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge, the stupidest man after Homer Simpson.
#9SteveBob(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2010 5:42:44 PM
Hmmm thanks for the Nest Ball tip. I've managed to get all the birds and Cresselia down to 1HP now thanks to Staraptor. Is it even possible to do by just keep finding them and chucking a ball and repeating? Seems like I'm gonna have to put them to sleep as well.

---