This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Staraptor or Crobat?

#1GamblerOfFatePosted 12/18/2011 9:32:45 AM
I'm thinking Crobat.

Which will help me out more in the E4?
---
I'd rather we just skip the formalities.
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 12/18/2011 9:37:23 AM
Either will do.
---
gbchaosmaster
#3ZeoPamasterPosted 12/19/2011 4:14:29 AM
I'm thinking about Crobat. Oh, and in case you don't know about the E4 members and the type they use, *SPOILERS ALERT*.

Teach it Fly for the Bug E4 member (be careful not to get Stone Edge'd by Heracross though, and Scizor still poses a problem), and the Fire one's Infernape.

Teach it Giga Drain/grass move for the Ground one.

Teach it Crunch for the Psychic one. There's Bronzong, though, and I find using Crobat to be risky as Poison types are weak to Psychic moves.

It's not helping for the Fire one.

And now you can defeat the Champion's Roserade using Fly, although it was weak to begin with anyway...
---
--Living is not breathing but doing.-- Persona 3 Portable
Sorry if my English is bad, it's not my native language.
#4gbchaosmasterPosted 12/20/2011 3:04:35 AM
Crobat helps a lot more against the Fire one than the Psychic one >_>

Giga Drain is a waste. Why waste a weak TM when you can just wash the ground trainer with your water type?

And since Crobat is on the same competitive tier as Staraptor competitively, I doubt you or anyone else here can do a better job of deciding who's better for ingame. Your post is little more than a coin flip.
---
gbchaosmaster
#5ZeoPamasterPosted 12/20/2011 5:19:13 AM
^ Dude, TC's asking which pokemon would help more, I don't know a thing about his/her team. O_o And I'm just telling him Crobat's potential, not asking him to teach all those moves I mentioned (I mean geez, I know Giga Drain is a weak move >_>).
---
"Bring it on, I'm ready. Got my insurance card and everything" -- Kanji Tatsumi, Persona 4
Sorry for the bad English.
#6gbchaosmasterPosted 12/20/2011 7:37:24 AM
You got his potential wrong then.
---
gbchaosmaster
#7GamblerOfFate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2011 6:23:00 PM
Okay, my team as of right now will be: Infernape, Staraptor/Crobat, Luxray, Gyarados, Garchomp and one other poke I haven't quite thought of yet, is it good? The only one I'm doubting is Gyarados considering its low Sp. Def but Cynthia has a Garchomp, right? Which would be hax against her.
---
http://fizzoster94.deviantart.com/
#8gbchaosmasterPosted 12/21/2011 3:08:21 AM
Low? It's Gyarados' highest stat besides attack >_>

It's good. Even disregarding levels, all those pokemon are powerhouses. You could almost have each of them solo one member of the Elite 4.
---
gbchaosmaster
#9GamblerOfFate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2011 7:39:01 AM
Ohh haha I meant Sp. Att hehe but I need to fill that last spot.
---
#10gbchaosmasterPosted 12/21/2011 8:07:28 AM
You don't even need to do that. Your team is already quite optimal. The 6th member is just more of the same. You could even go with 5+HM slave.
---
gbchaosmaster