air >>p
air R1>p
>>k
R1>k
hold p
air hold p
hold R1 for 3 seconds, p

Basics of getting combo points:

1. Keep your combo meter going. Obviously this is the most basic rule and there are several ways to do this. Any time there is a lull in the action you can use these tricks to keep your combo meter from resetting:
a) Taunting. This is especially useful when there is a cutscene in the middle of a battle, like on the first battle in the demo.
b) Shooting your pistol
c) Witch Time. It wont reset if you're in witch time; Even if your combo was about to reset and you get witch time just before hand, it wont reset in witch time.

2. Use different combos. If you use the same combo twice, on a single enemy, you will get less points than you would if you use different combos. However, you can use the same exact combo on two different enemies, you would still get the same amount of points. So theoretically, if you found a [i]set of combos[/i] that can kill any enemy (no matter how strong they are), then you could use that [i]set of combos[/i] over and over again, and still get the same amount of points(i think).

3. Use witch time and taunting at every single chance you get. When you taunt an enemy, they start glowing orange, and when you hit them, you get more points. Witch mode is the same concept. Taunting and witch mode each give you 1.5x points; When used together you get 2.25x points.

4. Continue your combos after dashing, aka Dash-canceling (credit to gojieb)
This is hard to explain so maybe this video will help : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN4givyy-rk&feature=related

The best i can do is give you an easy example. But this applies to any combo, with any weapon, including the ones where you have to pause.

Using the pistols - hold p, R2, hold k, R2, hold p

The important thing to note is that after you press R2 to dash, you need to press the next button at the end of the dash. You can't press the next button in the middle of the dash.

This is a great tactic to rack up witch time and get a lot of points. Where most games revolve around staying out of danger, Bayonetta is more about staying right in the middle of danger so you can activate your witch time.

PLEASE CONTRIBUTE ANY KNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS TOPIC. Thank you.
#2whatsthebigidea(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2009 9:54:04 AM
I was never really hardcore with DMC but I've read something about jump canceling. As far as I can tell, it's pretty much useless in this game, but it's there for some reason. If you think JC is usefull, tell me why.

I haven't figured out the multiplier thing yet. That would be awesome if someone could enlighten me.
#3mrdude1228Posted 10/13/2009 10:12:28 AM
Ha, I was going to link to my post in Gemasis' topic, but you're the person who posted after me XD

But yeah, the best I can hypothesize so far are generic "switch things up" tips for the combo multiplier. Using dropped weapons seems to increase it really quickly, as do torture attacks. Of course, when you get into that territory, the question becomes: Would normal attacks (which don't kill nearly as quickly) increase your combo meter just as much over the long term? Maybe.

Anyways, really appreciate this topic. Good advice and such. I felt so cheated that I would only sometimes lose my multiplier before that first Beloved fight, and that taunting thing will really come in handy. I suppose it could also work on that lull between battles in the secret verse, if you're still in the hallway when you kill the enemies?

I'm curious about combo repeating and how that affects your score, though. Don't you get points for individual attacks, rather than combos? ie, punches always give you 10 (besides multipliers), katana attacks always give you 20, etc?

---
http://sites.google.com/site/mrdude1228/
---
#4whatsthebigidea(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2009 2:31:32 PM
Yea, I've noticed that the pick-up weapons seem to increase the multiplier pretty fast, especially the mace. You're right about the multiplier not making a difference in a long battle, but in a short one, like the second fight in the demo where there's only like 3 enemies, it makes a big difference because you would want to get the maximum multiplier. I suppose bringing a mace and taunting as soon as the battle starts would be a good way to do that, but I don't really know.

And I was wrong about using combos more than once. It doesn't matter how many times you use a combo, you get the same amount of points...

So far, this is what I've found out about the points system:

Pistol
punches : 10pts
kicks : 10pts

Sword
punches : 20pts
kicks : 10pts

Gunshots : 1pt
Hair attacks : 30pts
Torture attacks : 100pts + the megatron you get from it

btw, you get 32pts from the mace in witch time - you should only get 30, so i need to figure out what that's all about...
#560HzPosted 10/13/2009 11:27:49 PM
nice, though the term dash cancel seems wrong here (and reminds me of VOOT!) should it be called something like evade canceling?...
---
http://sixtyhertz.blog.com/
#6RadiantSilvergun3Posted 10/13/2009 11:34:07 PM
Combo Carry?
Combo Dodge?
Dodge Combo?
Dodge Combo carry?

Yeah I dunno lol.

Anyway if you jump cancel with the Shotguns on her feet she shoots them off into the enemy she jumped off of. I don't see much reason to do it instead of dodging but I guess it's something.
---
A painless lesson is one without meaning.