Non stop climax tips? (Spoilers)

#1LawrensPosted 11/16/2009 8:32:01 AM
I'm on chapter 5 so far in non stop climax, I'm getting my ass handed to me, it's like a whole new ball game, despite people saying it's just hard mode with no witch time, but I think I relied too much on witchtime on hard. Anyone have tips regarding this mode?

I pretty much replaced witch time with parrying, is that a good idea and the correct and best way to get through bosses? I had to parry on the chapter 4 boss as I didn't have much ways to damage it, so parrying the fireballs were the fastest and easiest way, despite the fact I might miss my dodge if I need it, I'm not looking forward to doing the same thing on the later bosses, for example the boats and the missiles, and the last boss with the strange camera view and the little spawns. I'll be getting through it slowly however, but any tips would be nice :)
#2FriedhamsterPosted 11/16/2009 8:55:28 AM
You NEED to learn the Durga / Lt. Kilgore switch.

With Durga equiped on hands and feet on one set and Lt. Kilgore on the feet of the other set you:
PPPKK--switch to Lt. Kilgore--K. This way you PPPKK and then switch to Lt. Kilgore and launch like 10 missles, it's incredibly powerful.
#3VictorySaberPosted 11/16/2009 9:12:12 AM
Just use PPP(pause)K with the sword and kilgore and you will be fine. If you want to clear the mode quickly just use items. You can farm mega yellow items and use them in the fights that are hard for you of course this is just if you want to unlock pillow talk quickly and the record do no matter for you.
---
Gamertag: ShinKurow
PSN: ShinKurow
#4hardcore rpg gamerPosted 11/16/2009 10:25:04 AM
You can grab the accessory that attacks the enemy when you dodge (uses magic), but disables Witch Time. Which is fine, since you can't use Witch Time anyway.

Sounds like you're also using Moon of Makaa Kalaa, which is a must have, so you're good there.
---
The line below is true.
The line above is false.
#5Lawrens(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2009 11:03:53 AM
Yea, I still need to pick up kilgore, I didn't bother with it since I got rather used to my durga and shotgun combo (though the feet is a little weak I guess). Yea I'm using Moon of Makaa Kalaa, it's such a masochistic mode having to brute through those claw guys by parrying them over and over, it's chaotic when there're 3 of them... while satisfying if I somehow get through them without getting touched, but that's once in a blue moon so I'm dying hella lot lol
#6Yandy_KusanagiPosted 11/16/2009 6:05:49 PM
hardcore rpg gamer
You can grab the accessory that attacks the enemy when you dodge (uses magic), but disables Witch Time. Which is fine, since you can't use Witch Time anyway.

You can use WT in this mode, just not in the normal way (dodging/Bat Within/counter attacking).

For TC: Get Bracelet of Time. By equipping it, you can use WT in this mode. Use WT for tough fights such as battle against 3 Gracious/Glorious or against Bosses. Max out your Magic Gauge first because using WT this way will drains your Magic quickly.

---
"A Man has a Sword inside his heart. The point is whether to polish it or not."
#7hardcore rpg gamerPosted 11/16/2009 6:28:11 PM
Oh, forgot about that thing. Still need to go and unlock that sometime. About how long does that last with all 3 full bars of Magic?
---
The line below is true.
The line above is false.
#8Yandy_KusanagiPosted 11/16/2009 6:46:22 PM
hardcore rpg gamer
Oh, forgot about that thing. Still need to go and unlock that sometime. About how long does that last with all 3 full bars of Magic?

About 8-13 seconds (cmiiw though). Sorry, I don't remember the exact time, never try to count it.

---
"A Man has a Sword inside his heart. The point is whether to polish it or not."
#9SonsaruPosted 11/17/2009 7:55:11 AM
Easiest way - just use items. It doesn't sound like you are going for a Plat run, extacty, so deaths or item usage is the same thing - but with item usage you don't have to keep on restarting! The yellow ones that make you invincible are the best, the big ones last for ages too.

I also beat Rodin before starting No-Stop, although that is pretty hard to do without Pillowtalk. Anyway, the Rodin weapon makes Non-Stop a joke because it doesn't rely on using Witch Time at all. I managed at least golds for quite a few of the levels, Plat would be pretty much impossible though because Rodin is too strong!

There are lots of checkpoints and item farming is easy, anyway, so if you don't care so much about how you get there then even Non-Stop isn't very hard. Best tip for instant stress relief is to use items, though.
#10Lawrens(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2009 10:02:14 AM
Well, so far I'm having no problems getting through the normal way, having gotten a bit used to the enemies, yea I'm not going for plat, just beating for the sake of beating it. I'll leave the items for later when I decided I don't want to reload and reboot from checkpoint, but so far checkpoints are pretty generous.