Need tips on button mashing (yeah, you read that right)

#1IostarsPosted 1/14/2010 8:58:33 PM
I'm playing Hard right now and I don't know whether my thumb is starting to get tired or something, or the difficulty actually increases, but I seem to have problems with button mashing segments during some boss battles. This is most apparent in Jeanne battles, whenever Bayo clash punches or kicks with her and I have to mash those buttons repeatedly, I always lose and took a lot of damage, while in Normal, I can win these segments easily. I still even have trouble reaching the maximum limit of bonus halo in some torture attacks and climaxes. I wonder if you guys have any tips on how to mash the buttons more easily, for example, like finger position or how you hold your controller. I usually just hold my controller with my two hands like usual and mash the buttons with my right thumb. Any tips?
#2Anon7227Posted 1/14/2010 9:10:14 PM
Well first you need to know when it's coming, starting even a little late with a QTE might cause you to not be able to finish, Jeanne and the fairness/fearless are the worst imo. What you want to do is not mash with your thumb, but vibrate from your wrist, you'll fly through them much easier that way.
#3funkyman02Posted 1/14/2010 9:11:27 PM
I use the index finger trick...
---
It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX
#4Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2010 9:14:16 PM
@Anon:
umm... could you elaborate a bit more?

@funkyman:
what index finger trick?
#5Gen2000Posted 1/14/2010 9:16:05 PM
Is it the framerate that makes some button mashing segments harder than others? Some QTEs I barely press the button and I still get Max Bonus while requires nearly requires my controller to be broken in half to do.

In Jeanne's case, if all else fails you can just avoid the QTE initial attack (on lower difficulties it'll trigger Witch Time) but that's missed free damage if you learn how to mash properly (lol?).
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
Double Ayane Team Mission Action: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EB77CBC0EC3A6E8D
#6funkyman02Posted 1/14/2010 9:23:19 PM
Instead of using you thumb you use you index finger instead? I mash too slowly with my thumb.
---
It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator. -Yunalesca, FFX
#7ShinLloydPosted 1/14/2010 9:35:04 PM
you can try what i do when my arms are dead / im lazy, just pick up the controller kinda sideways and alternate with both indexes really fast, its noisy tho. lol other than that like that guy said just be a human vibrator and vibrate your whole arm to push faster with anything but your thumb, the thumb is silly slow.. lol
---
PSN: ShinLloyd
#8Iostars(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2010 10:00:14 PM
Hmm... Not sure if I got it, but I guess I'll try it out. Thanks for d tips!
#9CervosiPosted 1/14/2010 10:11:57 PM
The Index Finger is this:

Point your Index Finger on the button. Tense up your arm to the point that it shakes. press to button. Bam, Rapidfire.
---
Would you say what you mean, or mean what you say?
Megaman Starforce 3 FC: 4597-7966-2819
#10Gamer_KyklePosted 1/14/2010 10:19:17 PM
^this, but I use my middle finger too.
---
Wii: Jowii 5744-4265-6439-0800
People to have Sig'd Stupid things that I say: TravellingJack