Whats this Train glitch I keep hearing about?

#1SaintBootPosted 9/5/2010 2:21:46 PM
something about farming for halo's and items? how do you do it, and what if any, are some other exploits i should know about? thanks everyone!
---
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: the only RPG where trees put you in Full Nelsons.
#2choco manPosted 9/5/2010 4:07:15 PM
Hm...I don't know of any train glitch. It's probably the secret in chapter 1. When the chapter starts, and you get out of the train, search the entire area for every bench and destroy them. There are benches all the way around the train, and there are more on the second level all around, too. When the last bench is destroyed, the train will start up. Jump on the train and it will take you off screen. You'll then appear back where you were, the train will be gone, you'll hear a chime and you'll receive 10,000 halos.

When you are just starting out and don't have many halos, this is definitely worth your time. But one more thing, get on the track where the train used to be. Follow it in the direction the train went and you'll find a broken moon pearl. So for taking the time to break a few benches, you got some easy money and are already on your way to increasing your magic meter.
---
Current Favorites: Super Street Fighter IV, Bayonetta, LittleBigPlanet, Mega Man 10, BC Rearmed, Bomberman Ultra
#3SaintBoot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2010 8:12:17 PM
thats cool! does the train come back after a while? can this be done more then once? what are some other farming witch recipies/halos?
---
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: the only RPG where trees put you in Full Nelsons.
#4choco manPosted 9/6/2010 12:59:25 AM
I don't think it comes back. You'd have to restart the chapter to keep doing it, which I wouldn't recommend considering techniques cost upwards to 30,000 (as well as witch hearts and moon pearls), and weapons can be over 100,000, this isn't a very efficient way of getting halos. You'd get more just playing the game.

There are a few different ways to farm. I did the chapter 2 boss method once, got over six million halos, and never needed halos again. What you do is fight Fortitudo at the end of chapter 2 in hard mode with the Bracelet of Time and Gaze of Despair equipped. Go into witch time and pummel him with the Killgore glitch until the fight is over. The problem with this method is it takes a bit of work to get the Bracelet of Time. You have to beat the game and have a total clear time of less than three hours. The other way is to enter a code. You'll get the bracelet, but it will cost several million halos, making the whole thing kind of pointless to me.

I wouldn't spend too much time halo farming early game. It's not really necessary or efficient in the long run. But a little farming never hurt anyone and is kind of fun to me, say, to get that last extra bit you needed to buy the next witch heart, for example.

Later, after you've beaten the game, I do recommend getting the Bracelet of Time, and doing the chapter 2 trick. 1.) It's cool to have the Bracelet of Time because unlocking everything is cool. 2.) In getting your overall time to less than three hours, you'll be replaying a lot of chapters, which will go towards getting the Sai Fung (beat 100 chapters on normal or higher to unlock). 3.) I bought all of Bayonetta's costumes with all the money and had enough to buy a certain something from Rodin's shop that cost exactly 999,999. You'll see when you get it. :D
---
Current Favorites: Super Street Fighter IV, Bayonetta, LittleBigPlanet, Mega Man 10, BC Rearmed, Bomberman Ultra