Just 5 more levels till I platinum (SPOILERS)

#1ZoraPrincessPosted 4/3/2012 10:59:20 PM
This is the first game I've ever platinumed because it's the only one that has kept my interest long enough (This is my 4th playthrough. I've gradually evolved, having started on easy). Plus, for a game that has a reputation of being hardcore, the trophies are surprisingly achievable...

I have up from the plane level to the Epilogue, minus the fight with Father Balder (I love fighting him for fun and for easy money).

I've already got the other 49 trophies and have a million halos ready so that I can fight Father Balder immediately.

I'm honestly going to be pretty sad when this is done. Yes, I can keep playing and get enough money to buy everything as well as use the codes to unlock Jeanne and the other guy (I'm not good enough to unlock her legitimately, unfortunately). However, I'm sad that I'll have no to difficulties to pursue.

On the subject of difficulty, the highest difficulty isn't too bad. The weapon that creates the bombs makes it feel like witch time never left.

Since I'm going to complete this game soon, can any of you recommend similar games? I already know about Devil May Cry 4. What else is there?

Thank you.
---
I hate farting
Silent Hill: Downpour is Fantastic. I don't know what the reviewers were thinking.
#2ACgreen1foteenPosted 4/4/2012 11:22:09 AM
If you're up for the challenge, you could just farm for halos and unlock Jeanne via the phone cheat. She's a blast to play with, all the while exceptionally challenging due to her Witch Time activation.

As for similar games, off the top of my head would be the Ninja Gaiden Sigma series and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Those were fun games.
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
- Apollo Creed, Rocky III
#3W3lkinPosted 4/5/2012 1:31:15 AM
Buy the DMC HD collection to experience the greatness of DMC1-3(be aware however that 2 is far worse than the others and 1 may feel not advanced enough) and NGS (the tightest and more fair game in the genre IMO) to get the best, then if you want more get DMC4 and NGS2, which are both very good but somewhat flawed in several key points.
Ignore NG3, GOW3 and Ninja Theory stuff.

If everything goes right Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising will both deliver and be worth being compared to Bayonetta.
#4ZoraPrincess(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 8:14:26 AM
I've actually already beaten DMC1 and 2. I've avoided three because I hear it's frustrating as hell and it has a horrible checkpoint shystem on top of that.
---
I hate farting
Silent Hill: Downpour is Fantastic. I don't know what the reviewers were thinking.
#5Yandy_KusanagiPosted 4/5/2012 10:19:12 AM(edited)
ZoraPrincess posted...
I've actually already beaten DMC1 and 2. I've avoided three because I hear it's frustrating as hell and it has a horrible checkpoint shystem on top of that.

The Special Edition fixed that problem. You can choose Gold Orb mode for friendly checkpoint.
You can't go wrong with DMC3, amazing depth (combat system), lots of style to master, lots of melee & projectile weapons to use, etc.

---
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separates us."
#6ZoraPrincess(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 10:38:18 AM
Is the special addition on the HD collection?
---
I hate farting
#7ACgreen1foteenPosted 4/5/2012 11:20:29 AM
^ It certainly seems so, from what I've seen.
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
- Apollo Creed, Rocky III
#8nouseravailablePosted 4/8/2012 4:18:14 PM
Ppl recommend Vanquish from the same softhouse. I still need 7-8 chapters in oo climax to platinum, i think ill get it after Demons Souls platinum (if that is the case then this would be my 3rd). Bayo is awesome, one of my fave games ever.
---
Vai Corinthians! NP: Nier.
#9UltimaGabePosted 4/21/2012 6:11:48 AM
ZoraPrincess posted...
This is the first game I've ever platinumed because it's the only one that has kept my interest long enough (This is my 4th playthrough. I've gradually evolved, having started on easy). Plus, for a game that has a reputation of being hardcore, the trophies are surprisingly achievable...

That's something that this game did RIGHT- the trophies are achievable for almost anyone as long as they're willing to try hard enough, but the trophies are HARDLY all there is to the game. There's TWO additional characters you can play as, both of which are harder than the normal game (Jeanne's dodges have to be PERFECT in order to activate Witch Time, and Zero dies in, if I'm not mistaken, two hits, no matter what you do), and both of which are INCREDIBLY difficult to unlock- but neither of which are required, or even HINTED AT, to platinum the game. Plus, there's even an additional boss that's much more difficult than the final boss- once again, not required for the platinum.

That's the way a game should be. Getting a platinum trophy should be neat, but not all there is to a game.
---
PSN ID: RedSleeves
MOPS NAME IS