I'm about to start this game, any tips or cheats?

#1PhophenomenonPosted 4/24/2012 1:03:23 PM
Anything I should watch out for before I start my playthrough?
---
Waiting for: FFX HD, FFXIIIVersus, Dragon's Dogma, FFXV
http://www.youtube.com/user/Phophenomenon?feature=mhee
#2ACgreen1foteenPosted 4/24/2012 2:23:47 PM
Make sure you learn to dodge properly and you're good. By doing so, you'll initiate Witch Time, giving you the advantage in battle. Don't worry about completing all the Alfhiems (side missions, signified by a circular, glowing portal) because you should concentrate on getting familiar with the game.

Don't just stand back and shoot. The game's heavily focused on melee fighting, so get in there and do damage.

If you have questions, there are others here that'll answer them for you, I'm sure. I'll do my best too.
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
- Apollo Creed, Rocky III
#3Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 2:38:16 PM(edited)
Thanks! :)
I just started the game. How do I defeat the dragon? It's the boss after Beloved.
---
#4ACgreen1foteenPosted 4/24/2012 10:06:26 PM
How is dodging and initiating Witch Time going for you? It's beneficial for you to understand the timing when fighting enemies, especially bosses.

Anyways, Fortitudo (the dragon boss) has a few attacks. Right off the top of my head, they are - fireballs, a huge chomp and a tail swing. I don't quite remember what other attacks he has. Once you start the fight, just keep shooting at him while running in the direction the other Umbra Witches went. You'll then be fighting on a bridge. After Fortitudo chomps on the poor witches, he'll be coming after you. What you want to do is watch out for the chomp on the bridge. If you timed your dodge correctly, you'll initiate Witch Time. It's important that you are on the outside of the dragons' heads, not in between as Fortitudo will unleash a beam in the middle. If you've gotten Witch TIme to initiate, just wail on him with the PPPPK combo. Rinse and repeat. Once you've taken 1/3 of his life, he'll fly away.

Another method (a bit advanced and utilizing an accessory) is the use the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa. This accessory allows you parry virtually every attack in the game by pushing the analog stick towards the direction of the attack before it connects. You can then parry the fireballs back at Fortitudo without even moving a step.

Hope this helps you out and good luck!
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
#5Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 6:56:43 AM
I'm currently in Chapter 3. I haven't started it yet. I just going to farm some Halo in Chapter 2 to get a head start.
---
#6ACgreen1foteenPosted 4/26/2012 10:38:01 AM
If you didn't know this already, at the beginning of Chapter 1, you can get 10K halos easily. Just go up to the second floor of the stage and break all the benches. Once you do, the train will start to depart. Jump on top of the train and ride it all the way to the end. A chime will signify that you've made it to the end and gotten the 10K halos.
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
#7Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 4:20:32 PM
I'm about to start Chapter XI. Any better halo farming tips yet? btw thank you so much.
---
#8ACgreen1foteenPosted 4/26/2012 5:32:19 PM
Sure thing. I'm glad I could help out a fellow Bayonetta player.

As for farming, the quickest method right now would be fighting Temperantia (Chapter 7 boss, I believe) over and over again. I hope you have enough halos for the Gaze of Despair and the Durga Alt. because you'll be utilizing them.

What you want to do is equip a set with the Durga/Durga Alt. Equip the Gaze of Despair and just keep mashing on the PPPPP or PPPPK combo. You don't have to worry about getting hit because you're not going for any rewards or medals. If you also have the Selene's Light accessory, equip that as well since it'll put you in Witch Time every time you get hit. Try to rack up as many combo points as you can without breaking the chain. Doesn't matter if you die. You just want the combo points to net you massive amounts of halos. The most important part is when you're breaking the orbs on the body, before fighting his head. Make sure you utilize the Beast Within to run from one orb to another, so that your combo chain doesn't break. With the Gaze of Despair on, your combo points will shoot up. Keep repeating this chapter until you're satisfied with how many halos you've gained. It usually takes around 6-7 minutes for each battle.

Good luck on Chapter XI; it's probably the easiest of bosses.
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
#9Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 7:11:44 PM
I just beat the game. I guess I'll go try this right after! :D
---
#10Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 7:16:52 PM
Does it matter what difficulty I put it on?
---