Just Starting This...

#31ACgreen1foteenPosted 6/3/2012 12:20:30 PM
I did read about the Kilgore Glitch and I tried it for fun...got it to work two times in a row and then couldn't get it to work the next 30 or so times I tried it. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have a feeling I'm going to need it. There are some fights where just demolish every enemy in ten seconds and still get a gold.

It's basically at the start of the kicking animation from Durga is when you change your weapons to the other set with Kilgore equipped on the feet. So, you can PPP (pause) K (equipped with Durga) and quickly switch to the second set with Kilgore and you'll blow enemies up like mad. Or, you can use the PPPPK combo instead.

But honestly, you can go through everything without needing the Kilgore glitch or the Pulley's Butterfly. ;)
---
"° Eye of the tiger!"
- Apollo Creed, Rocky III
#32MrStarkillerPosted 6/3/2012 10:33:02 PM
AC: >some before/after Alfheims
Ah, yes. Well said. I'd forgotten that particular detail.

>can do without them
Oh certainly. But perhaps he shouldn't expect to put on the same sort of show as the likes of n472a. One has to have some reason with their ambition. Know their limits. Given them, he'll have his chance to feel that out. Plenty of time left. I expect Hotel to play 100+ hours long before he finishes (was it 100 or 200 it maxes out for?). That seems to be the norm, really. Well, for those who enjoy it reasonably so.

>angelic text translations
I have the translator from the guide, but I forget if they plainly list the stuff in the book or elsewhere (unofficial sources). I know I've read as much from fans before. You see, even with the means to translate, I'd have a hard time of it without a grand view of each character model (among other things) so as to try at it.

The name of Bayonetta's mother is among the info you might obtain (Baldur + Some name I forget *written on the lipstick bullet she used on him while telling him he shouldn't have f*** with a witch in more ways than one*). Translations for her many summon chants as well.

>Wiki
I don't believe I've ever paid them too much mind. They're often as you describe that one and not just in terms of being 'incomplete'. What they are completely filled with isn't always worth a damn. But sometimes, they're not so bad.

I might just look into the translations again for myself and pass it on to you. I have a procedure to see about that should have me feeling right as rain soon. I'll have energy and time to spare. Perhaps then. Perhaps I'll also catch up with my other rounds (among so many other things put off). What comes first tends to be a whim. You might understand where I'm coming from.

>besting who
Why, Bayonetta of course. Usually I pull the 'magic girls' angle (as blackholes got played out and too often Supes and Hulk were cited with their more...fantastic feats). I imagine it is more insulting to lose to them anyway. Bayonetta isn't quite like them, but among just her fellow Action game characters, she does hold up quite well. Maybe not against the sort of OP found in some other genres, but that's another matter entirely.

I don't much like 'versus' threads. They're staged often enough by the remarkably lazy (and none too clever) with a particular bias, but that's not telling you anything you didn't know. Sometimes by those simply looking to have a go. Either way, I'm game to play even if it isn't a well defined sport. Making up rules as we go.

>not too shabby with the butterfly floating
Sting like a bee as well?

>Shuraba/Fire Durga
A fine combo for power. Less so for gaining PP in some cases. Helps that fire is the most common of the elements we contend with in the environment (pretty much the only one ON foes).

Of course, Shuraba can harm those 'fire foes' from a distance quite capably and directly so during Witch Time. Angel Arms don't pay it any mind to begin with.
#33MrStarkillerPosted 6/3/2012 10:33:26 PM
>strange hidden trophy
It if it that simple to collect, I suppose it might be a bit odd. Perhaps they expect people to fail in collecting the pieces then? But I don't recall Kilgore getting such a trophy. Meh.

>not hard to P/PP each credits fight
That is correct and to your benefit should your result with Jubileus not be entirely on par with the rest of your scores while aiming for overall P rank.

>what Climax is
Just so. The long hair letting is Climax Mode and used for bosses. The 'Bracelet' lets you have it at all times. Constant Wicked Weaves makes the fast weapons an insane spectacular while Kilgore gets projectile 'weaves' (insanity). It prevents scores from being recorded though (as you're cheating), but I believe one could use it while doing the speedrun.

NOTE: The 'Bangle' of Time trades taunting and regular WT activation for manual use that eats Magic Orbs. Powerful, but it is a trade-off. Less so on VH where regular activation isn't there. You need perfect evade/perfect parry if I recall right (aside from some accessories). I forget.

>the auto accessory
I believe it was more designed for the 'disabled' than the ultra casuals, but it goes either way. Without making them able to clear platforming too, even VE is too difficult for some youth I'm afraid. Instant death is what it is.

>guide here
I don't recall if I've read it. The super guide does a fine job though. A rare thing, but it wasn't cheap.

>Pulley's Butterfly
Maybe. Certainly you'll want to get familiar with MoMK.

>Kilgore Glitch
Never was much for it. Easy enough to learn, but it seemed more effective on the 360 along with the usual array of farming methods. Not sure why.

>still get gold
Not enough style points.

>down the road
Very well. You looking to best H and VH while getting the collectibles? I'm sure. But are you willing to allow for item use as you go? It hurts the score, but not always. There is a system to this too. The guide explains it where the game does not.

>try them out either way
Good man.
#34ACgreen1foteenPosted 6/3/2012 11:46:42 PM
NOTE: The 'Bangle' of Time trades taunting and regular WT activation for manual use that eats Magic Orbs. Powerful, but it is a trade-off. Less so on VH where regular activation isn't there. You need perfect evade/perfect parry if I recall right (aside from some accessories). I forget.

Actually, on NSIC mode, even with the "perfect" parry or Bat Within evading, you still won't be able to activate Witch Time. As far as I've experimented with, only the Bracelet of Time and Selene's Light grant you Witch Time, the former of which is the go-to accessory for it. Selene's LIght only gives you a split second of Witch Time, not nearly enough to land any sort of combo, even with stocked Magic orbs.
---
"° Eye of the tiger!"
#35Hotel_Security(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 10:24:08 AM(edited)
you can PPP (pause) K (equipped with Durga) and quickly switch to the second set with Kilgore and you'll blow enemies up like mad.

I keep trying that and it either switches to Kilgore but does the normal kick attack or it registers the switch and keeps the Durga, does the kick and then switches to Kilgore automatically once the move is over. I’ll try PPPPK though…I forgot about that one.

But honestly, you can go through everything without needing the Kilgore glitch or the Pulley's Butterfly. ;)

Well I’d only use it for Platinuming everything on Normal. Some of those seem like a pain and I’m not the best at stringing combos. I can do it fast and avoid hits but the combo score is always what brings it down.

I expect Hotel to play 100+ hours long before he finishes (was it 100 or 200 it maxes out for?).

We’ll see. I may take a break after I beat all modes and unlock everything with Bayonetta. I know you can get collectibles with Jeane and whoever the third unlock is but I’m not sure what…is it just the same accessories and etc?

>angelic text translations
I have the translator from the guide,

They provide a translation in the art section within the game but I’m not sure what needs translating. I suppose a few texts on the walls here or there?

The name of Bayonetta's mother

Ah, I see. I think I saw it on the wiki somewhere.

But sometimes, they're not so bad.

Indeed. Some are well done and can be used as guides with convenient maps and whatnot. I remember the RDR wiki was fairly helpful.

What comes first tends to be a whim. You might understand where I'm coming from.

Indeed. We float from one run to the other as the whim takes us.

>besting who
Why, Bayonetta of course

Another silly message board argument again? I can’t say since I don’t know Asura’s abilities…he seems quite ridiculous though…though so is Bayonetta.

often Supes and Hulk were cited with their more...fantastic feats).

Let’s not forget the “Warrior form Thor” that one guy ranted about which sounded more like a version of an action figure released to suck more money from those trying to complete the collection.

Usually I pull the 'magic girls' angle

Very true. Miss Bayo seems to fall into this category nicely though I’m a bit in the dark on the overall concept. Somehow it always has me thinking of the Powerpuff Girls who seem specifically created as a Magical Girl parody.

Less so for gaining PP in some cases.

Hmm? What would be better? Durga on the feet seems to act like most feet weapons and the fire version doesn’t get the normal slowdown as you get when it’s on your arms.
#36Hotel_Security(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 10:29:04 AM(edited)
Of course, Shuraba can harm those 'fire foes' from a distance quite capably and directly so during Witch Time.

When I first played, I assumed that witch time was the only time you could hurt them so I just kept waiting to avoid attacks. Angel arms are useful but limited.

Perhaps they expect people to fail in collecting the pieces then?

Yes, also strange given that the whip has a trophy that isn’t hidden and is acquired in the same way.

with Jubileus not be entirely on par with the rest of your scores while aiming for overall P rank.

Yeah, I noticed this as I play Easy. I seem to only need to Plat maybe half of them and get at least Gold on the rest and I get the Plat. If anything Easy is harder for Plat since enemies die too quick and I can’t get the required combo points.

The long hair letting

Ah, I noticed her “long hair” version in the character models but never figured out what it was for.

>guide here
I don't recall if I've read it.

Ya, quite thorough since it’s for getting PP on NSIC. I’ll follow but it’s just me just getting P on Normal so it’ll be easier and more room for error.

The super guide does a fine job though. A rare thing, but it wasn't cheap.

Hmm…paying money for a game guide. Is it 1995 again?

get familiar with MoMK.

I’ve got it but I’m not sure why it’s useful over simple dodging. I’ve parried a few things while stuck in a combo from an enemy but other than that I’m not sure why to use it.

>down the road
Very well. You looking to best H and VH while getting the collectibles?

I’m getting a lot of them during Easy. Got all the techniques, alternate weapons and hearts/magic orbs. There’s a few accessories to buy but they’re mostly ones I doubt I’ll be using much. I may just do the speed run after this. Not sure what else I need for that run aside from the combo doll but I may be sporting and decide to not use it. Although I'm not that big a fan of speed runs so I'll have no probably nerfing it with the doll if I get tired ot it. Wouldn't use it for H/VH though.

But are you willing to allow for item use as you go? It hurts the score

I haven’t used a single item in the game so far, even on my first Normal run. Not going to start now.

only the Bracelet of Time and Selene's Light grant you Witch Time, the former of which is the go-to accessory for it.

Interesting. Guess getting the Time Bracelet next will help.
#37ACgreen1foteenPosted 6/4/2012 6:30:11 PM
get familiar with MoMK.

I’ve got it but I’m not sure why it’s useful over simple dodging. I’ve parried a few things while stuck in a combo from an enemy but other than that I’m not sure why to use it.

You'll want to use the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa for its multiple advantages; namely, the benefits of the "perfect" parry. Once you perform the "perfect" parry, you'll gain not only a longer duration of Witch Time, but also health, a counterattack and at least 3-4 Magic orbs. In NSIC mode, you'll stagger virtually every enemy, with or without the "perfect" parry. The benefits of the "perfect" parry should prove to be one of the best accessories the game has to offer.

Granted, pulling off the "perfect" parry consistently boils down to one's skill level and it's damn near impossible to pull this off all the time. However, just like the Bat Within technique, if you so much as miss the ordinary parry by a few frames, you'll likely land the "perfect" parry. You'll trigger the "perfect" parry when you tap the analog stick towards the direction of the attack within the first few frames of taking damage (basically when the small rose appears within Bayonetta's body, not when it fully blossoms).
---
"° Eye of the tiger!"
#38MrStarkillerPosted 6/5/2012 12:27:16 AM
AC: >not even perfect/parry
So there you have it, Hotel.

Hotel: >just the same
Yes.

>texts on walls
Enochian is written on halos, summoning portals, the weapons of foes, etc. It is all over the damn place. The demon language too.

>silly
No less worthwhile to thoroughly put them in their place using whatever means necessary. Using 'magic girls' kills the topic too easily, so I've switched gears among 'Action' games (using Bayonetta instead).

>ridiculous
This only applies in that anyone should imagine he stands a chance in gameplay vs gameplay. It is less laughable with regards to cutscene abilities as of the DLC, but even still, her abilities are plain absurd. There just isn't much he can hope to do and the destruction of his Earth would end 'Naraka' (respawn point). Better still, just murder the spinner of Mantra and he and those like him (Yasha) just up and die. So there's that too.

>warrior form
He's nothing. If he can't do the impossible against a blackhole, I can just namedrop one and be done with that cross-dressing drag queen of a failed demi-god.

>thinking of PPG
They're certainly a watered down version. Magic girls often tend to be as strong as they need to be with stupidly broken abilities (extreme reality warping).

>what is better
Feet. And I'm not talking about Ariel Rebel's nonsense either.

>useful but limited
That's the idea. Temporary tools of great power and insane style points worth with many having decent moves aside from being 'neat' (chainsaw).

>Kulshedra
Hmmm, yes. A fine point, but then all LPs could 'count', I suppose. Even the whole ones that you would have to be trying to pass up.

>Easy is harder to Plat
You don't have to do Alfheims (they don't exist), the style points needed for good marks is lowered (perhaps not as much as foe HP though), etc. Hard increases the requirements to their height. VH drops it down again (as noted before).

>VH guide for Normal
Pity about the foe layout not matching at all though.

>is it 1995 again
>again
For that moment in time, it was. Very much so.

>useful over dodging
It can break you out of stun locks when you are caught, it coverts every block into Magic Orbs (some attacks producing many chances to block), it is incredibly easy to do, it reflects projectiles back to cause damage (without needing to be in WT and hitting those moves), the perfect version gives a counter hit and free WT, it staggers some foes, etc.

Good use of even just the blocking can easily net you LOADS of magic to spend on Wicked Waves through the likes of Tetsuzanko with Shuraba (Wicked Slices all day, erry day). The stupid lasers of the water boss, the laser of Kinship, etc. all allow for rapid blocks to get a great deal of energy back. Evades get energy back as well, but are more limited for this use (in exchange for WT). MoMK isn't as badly hurt by VH as evades are.

Evil Harvest Rosary tends to be suggested to replace your lost WT with explosives left when you evade an attack. I just haven't put it to much use though.

>all weapons
Have Sai-Fung yet? Bazillions? Rodin? Pillow Talk? You've got some more toys in your future.

>not going to start now
Good man. However, it would make the speedrun a simple affair to get out of the way now wouldn't it? You could hurry on to H and VH, yes?

>will help
Depends how you use it.
#39Hotel_Security(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 10:36:58 AM
Once you perform the "perfect" parry, you'll gain not only a longer duration of Witch Time, but also health, a counterattack and at least 3-4 Magic orbs.

Ah, I was able to do that a few times for the trophies for it. Strangely, it seems like it works poorer for some weapons more than others. Since I tend to use the katana, that is generally one of the “poor” parrying weapons for me. When I switched to the Durga I was able to do the “perfect parry” pretty consistently but I don’t like fighting with the Durga on the hands a lot…maybe I’ll try a lightning durga/fire durga combo… I did have it equipped during my Normal run and it came in handy here or there but I never focused on using parries instead of dodges.

Using 'magic girls' kills the topic too easily

Obviously there’s no response to that.

but even still, her abilities are plain absurd.

Indeed, summoning a planet-sized Sheba character that dwarfs the final boss is pretty effective.

Magic girls often tend to be as strong as they need to be with stupidly broken abilities (extreme reality warping).

To be fair, they seemed to just make up of the Powerpuff Girls’ abilities as they went along so they have limitless potential. Definitely seemed like Magical Girl material.

with many having decent moves aside from being 'neat' (chainsaw).

Strange, I found the chainsaw to be the least useful and way too slow. Though I suppose it’s not a legit angel weapon.

Pity about the foe layout not matching at all though.

Well, great. I’d imagine it’ll help for those Verses that require me to run from something…I’d get Gold on those and have no clue what I did wrong.

If anything, I probably just need more tips on what combos/weapons give the best combo points. I think I would use PPPKK and then hold down the button for the K attacks for mindless shooting antics and this raised the magic meter like mad but it’s not quite as useful for avoiding hits and is quite slow to pull off (and not possible with fire durga). I’m not sure what else is good.

It can break you out of stun locks when you are caught

Yeah, this seemed to be what I used it for the most though half the time it would be me mindlessly mashing the control stick and it would do a parry on accident.

Evil Harvest Rosary tends to be suggested to replace your lost WT with explosives left when you evade an attack.

I was thinking I’d use this and the MoMK but then I’m out on Pulley’s Butterfly which I may need more for some attacks. Plus if I’m using the Rosary then it means I’m not using parry. Oh, dilemma! But then again, I’m not going for score on VH anyway. Plus the block button is awkward since it’s just me pressing the movement button…seems like a pain at times. Couldn’t they use something else? I guess not…

>all weapons
Have Sai-Fung yet? Bazillions? Rodin? Pillow Talk

Errr…I mean the ones available so far. I know there’s a few more unlockables.

However, it would make the speedrun a simple affair to get out of the way now wouldn't it?

Exactly. I finished the Easy mode run and I’m presently doing the speed run on Normal. Well, I’m just redoing the Normal levels with high times which is basically all of them except the boss fights. Some of those levels are at two hours or higher…I think those were the ones where I fooled around doing moves. Yes, I’m using the Marionette for the speed run because, frankly, I don’t care about speed runs. I haven’t had any progress the last few days as I saw The Wall last night will be hitting a Tigers game tonight. Will tackle Hard mode after the speed run…then probably VH and then go for the Plat on normal. Maybe I’ll fit in the bonus level before all that.
#40ACgreen1foteenPosted 6/6/2012 12:40:04 PM
Strangely, it seems like it works poorer for some weapons more than others. Since I tend to use the katana, that is generally one of the “poor” parrying weapons for me.

Hmm, that's something I've never really noticed. Like yourself, I'm also a katana/Shuraba user. I think the Shuraba has one of the best counterattacks in the game, too.

I was thinking I’d use this and the MoMK but then I’m out on Pulley’s Butterfly which I may need more for some attacks. Plus if I’m using the Rosary then it means I’m not using parry. Oh, dilemma!

I think you should settle for whatever suits your tastes. There's also always an option for switching accessories for whatever situation might arise. If you're settled and comfortable on at least 3-4 accessories for your play style, I'd say you're set to tackle the harder difficulties.

Generally speaking, the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa, Evil Harvest Rosary, Pulley's Butterfly and the Bracelet of Time probably would be the greatest accessories for NSIC mode. I prefer something differently though. :)
---
"° Eye of the tiger!"