~The Bayonetta Sticky Topic!~ READ BEFORE POSTING!!

#1FoxyArekuPosted 2/8/2010 9:41:47 PMmessage detail
You guys asked for it so here it is! Use CTRL+F to find what you want!

About the Game

1. What is this game?
2. Controls?
3. How long is this game?
4. Replay Value?

Gameplay Basics

5. What are Halos?
6. What is Witch Time?
7. What is a Wicked Weave?
8. What is a Torture Attack?
9. What is Dodge Offset?
10. How do you turn into a Panther?
11. How do you turn into a Crow?
12. How do you use the Bat Within?

Weapons and Accessories

13. How do you get Onyx Roses, the shotguns?
14. How do you get Shuruba, the sword?
15. How do you get Kulshedra, the whip?
16. How do you get Durga, the claws?
17. How do you switch Durga between Fire and Lightning?
18. How do you get Odette, the skates?
19. How do you get Killgore, the rockets?
20. How do you get Handguns?
21. How do you get Bazillions?
22. How do you get Pillowtalk?
23. How do you get Sai-Fong?
24. How do you get the weapon Rodin?
25. What's the point of the Alt Weapons in the shop?
26. What is the Moon of M.K.?
27. What does the Gaze of Despair do?

Unlockables

28. How do I get the alternate costumes?
29. What do the perfumes do?
30. How can I get the other characters?
31. What are the differences between Bayonetta and the other characters?
32. What is the secret boss and how do I fight him?
33. What's the Lost Chapter?
34. How do I get the Climax Bracelet?

Other Information

35. What is a good strategy to farm Halos?
36. What do I need to do for the Secret Achievements?
37. Climax Bracelet/I'm not getting credit for clearing chapters!
38. What's the Kilgore glitch?
39. How do I freeze enemies with Odette?
40. What's the best way to clear the "Limited Kicks and Punches" alfheim?
41. What's the best way to clear the "Stay in the air for 60 seconds" alfheim?
42. You are so awesome for making this! How can I repay you?

DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU SEE MY SIGNATURE
#2FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:42:34 PMmessage detail
About the Game

1. What is this game?

Bayonetta is the latest action game from Hideki Kamiya and Platinum Games, Kamiya is better known for directing the "Devil May Cry" series, and this shows in Bayonetta pretty strongly. This game is over the top, purposely cheesy, and overall very, very awesome. It tells the story of the witch named, surprisingly, Bayonetta, who was awaken 20 years ago with no memory of her past. The story is her mission to discover her roots, so to speak, while that may sound cliche it is done very well and serves it's purpose, the real selling point of this game is the amazing and in-depth gameplay!

2. Controls

The controls are very simple, you hit Y to punch (or to attack with whatever weapon you have on your hands), B to kick, RT to dodge, LB to taunt, A to jump, and X to shoot. You can string these together into all kinds of crazy combos while fighting, the combo system is very deep and overall very fun.

3. How long is this game?

A first playthrough will take you about 6 to 8 hours.

4. Replay Value?

This game has a ton of replay value, it is meant to be played over and over and over again for unlockables and for getting pure platinum awards on the levels. You will be going through this title more then once!
#3FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:43:01 PMmessage detail
Gameplay Basics

5. What are Halos?

Halos are the currency of the game, they are everywhere, enemies drop them and you can find them in chests and breakable objects! You also get them from doing long combos, the better the combo the more halos you are awarded.

6. What is Witch Time?

Witch Time is what happens when you dodge an attack at the last possible instant before getting hit, it's similar to bullet time, everything moves in slow-motion and you get extra combo points if you attack during this temporary state.

7. What is a Wicked Weave?

A Wicked Weave is a special 'hair attack', it is done during and at the end of certain combos and these attacks are usually super powerful. One of the best combos for a quick wicked weave is YBY or punch kick punch.

8. What is a Torture Attack?

A torture attack is a powerful attack that uses a full magic bar to perform, there are several different ones and they are usually instant kills unless you are using them on specific strong enemies. The type of one you do depends on the type of enemy you are fighting, if you are fighting normal angels then there are four you can do, one from behind which is a guillotine, one from the front with an iron maiden, one in the air with chains, and when when the enemy is lying down with a grave.

9. What is Dodge Offset?

Dodge Offset is when you dodge in the middle of a combo and then continue the same combo after dodging, to do this you must hold down the attack button while you dodge. For example, in the YBY combo you can dodge offset this by pressing Y, then press B and hold it as you hit RT, once the dodge is over hit Y again and you'll do the wicked weave.

10. How do you turn into a Panther?

This is taught to you at the end of Chapter 5, you cannot do it before this chapter! If you missed the tutorial or weren't paying attention, you hit RT twice to turn.

11. How do you turn into a Crow?

Hit RT twice in the air, you must have purchased The Crow Within in the shop to use this. This move also grants you the ability to teleport to enemies by double tapping the right bumper, and you can do attacks that require magic while in crow form too.

12. How do you use the Bat Within?

This usually isn't something you can do on purpose, the timing is very strict, you just hit RT the INSTANT you ARE attacked. Good luck with that.
#4FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:43:34 PMmessage detail
Weapons and Accessories

13. How do you get Onyx Roses, the shotguns?

You will get the LP for this automatically during chapter 1, it is impossible to miss.

14. How do you get Shuruba, the sword?

You will get the LP for this in Chapter 2, it is also impossible to miss.
15. How do you get Kulshedra, the whip?

For the rest of these I will give you links to youtube videos because it's the easiest way to show the locations of each piece. This one is in chapter 3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6mMmIu8euA

16. How do you get Durga, the claws?

In Chapter 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy4DY0B1i3U

17. How do you switch Durga between Fire and Lightning?

Rotate the control stick and hit Y if they are on your hands, B if they are on your feet.

18. How do you get Odette, the skates?

In Chapter 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0r1rS9LLA

19. How do you get Kilgore, the rockets?

In Chapter 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQ7OMJD5Ds

20. How do you get Handguns?

Beat the game on Normal Difficulty!

21. How do you get Bazillions?

Beat the game on Hard Difficulty!

22. How do you get Pillowtalk?

Beat the game on the highest difficulty!

23. How do you get Sai-Fong?

Play 100 chapters on normal or higher, the fastest way is to repeat the prologue alot.

24. How do you get the weapon Rodin?

Beat the Secret Boss.

25. What's the point of the Alt Weapons in the shop?

So you can have either Shotguns, Rockets, or Durgas on both your hands and feet at once.

26. What is the Moon of M.K.?

A 'blocking' accessory, you press the control stick in the direction you are being hit from and you take no damage while parrying, if you time it perfect you will also activate witch time!

27. What does the Gaze of Despair do?

Makes enemies tougher, more aggressive, and gives you more combo points and Halos.
#5FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:44:09 PMmessage detail
Unlockables

28. How do I get the alternate costumes?

Beat the game once then buy the case from "Rodin's Treasures"!

29. What do the perfumes do?

Their sorta like modified versions of Bayonetta's regular outfit, just put one on then equip it's respective weapon to view the changes.

30. How can I get the other characters?
*Spoilers*

The two other playable characters are Jeanne and Little Zero. To play as Jeanne, you must platinum every chapter in the game, and to play as Little Zero you must clear the Lost Chapter.

31. What are the differences between Bayonetta and the other characters?

Jeanne doesn't pause after 5 consecutive dodges like Bayonetta does, but as a result she cannot activate Witch Time by dodging and instead activates it using "The Moth Within", her answer to Bayonetta's Bat Within. Also her Wicked Weaves are 1.5 times more powerful, her weapons have different names and different stats to though they are used the same, also she has different alternate outfits.

For Little Zero, he's a weird one, he can summon devils like Bayonetta can with that Devils accessory, but he doesn't need the accessory to do it! Though he dies in two hits as a downside, I haven't played as him much so I don't know if there are more.

32. What is the secret boss and how do I fight him?
*Spoilers*

The Secret Boss is the fallen Angel, Rodin. To fight him you must get 10 million Halos, you do not need these all at once you simply must have gotten this many over the course of your save file. After you have that many, buy the Platinum Ticket from Rodin's Treasure and fight him...good luck! You'll need it, this boss is tough.

33. What's the Lost Chapter?

The Lost Chapter is 5 verses of pure hell, you cannot use items either so that adds to the difficulty. To unlock it, you must clear every alfheim in the game. There are guides for this so check the FAQs on that respective page, also take note that the first two verses of this mode are on normal, the third is on hard, and the fourth and fifth are on Climax. Much luck on this as well!

34. How do I get the Climax Bracelet?

You must collect every "Umbran Tear of Blood" in the game. There are guides for this to, on youtube anyway. Just search for it if you need help finding them all!
#6FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:44:56 PMmessage detail
Other Information

35. What is a good strategy to farm Halos?
Credit for coming up with this strategy goes to Patchumz

First off, you have to have gotten to the Chapter VII (7) boss.

Second, make sure you have Selene's Light (I think it's called) and the Gaze of Despair accessories. If you don't have Gaze of Despair, do my method once without it, and you'll be able to afford it.

Third, you need to have the Durga claws, no need for alts, only need them on your hands.. Ice Skates are nice for feet to help movement when not best running, but not required.

Alright, now.. put all that stuff on, you don't have to worry about your alternate weapon set, you won't be using it. Go to the boss, he's the only thing you fight in the entire level.. make sure your Durga claws are on Lightning Mode, not Fire Mode. Now, spam Y.. no need for anything else, just spam Y when he's around, take care of those hands of his.

Important thing to try to do, when he punched and breaks your platform, keep attacking the other hand that's holding it, when the platform is gone, you'll be able to spam Y in the air and air combo the hand for a while without breaking combo, once you fall, don't worry.. you won't lose any life, you'll get put back on the platform.

Rip off both arms eventually, and during that time you don't have to worry about dodging much of anything, maybe a bullet if you want (The fire things he shoots), your Selene's Light accessory should give you Witch Time every time he hurts you, which increases your combo and increases the killing speed.

Now, after his arms are gone, you fight all the orbs on his body. One is on the left slightly behind you, one is on the right slightly behind you.. when you destroy one, it sends you back to the middle of his body, if you hurry and beast run to the other side (I usually start on the left, then do the right, then the back.. obviously) you won't break combo, which is great, if you do, don't worry about it. Not the end of the world, but it does help to not break combo if you can.

After all his orbs are broken, you'll fight his head.. now here's the first part that you might actually have to think about when fighting :P Make sure you dodge most of his attacks so you don't die, cuz chances are the defenses you had to deal with while fighting the orbs took you down quite a bit of health. If you're good enough to dodge all the orb defenses then you should probably be fine taking ALL the damage the head deals. But above all else, every time you see a weird black/purple spiny tentacle thing come out of his mouth, let it grab you, you'll want to rotate the joystick, and it knocks his head down, where you have time to beat on it without getting damaged.

And that's about all, once you kill him, you should have 8,000,000 or more combo score at the very end, that's 800k halos, add in the no item bonus and boss bonus and stuff and you can easily get more. Don't worry if you die, you won't lose close to anything by doing so, combo score is the only thing that matters in this. You can die 5 times and it won't matter.. as long as you don't break combo too often and stuff you'll be good to go.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, lol. Just figured we needed a proper guide for people that are still on Normal difficulty without crazy amounts of health and stuff and want to get more halos.

(Note: If you don't have Gaze of Despair you'll probably get around 2m-4m combo score, earning about half or less than WITH it, in case you don't have it yet)
#7FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:45:45 PMmessage detail
36. What do I need to do for the Secret Achievements?

Simply go through Hard Mode, all of those achievements are for clearing Hard Mode chapters. The others with question marks in the achievement description are for "Freezing 20 enemies with Odette" and for "Protecting Cereza during the Out of Body experience ensuring she takes no damage", this instance is in chapter 6.

37. Climax Bracelet/I'm not getting credit for clearing chapters!

Side affect of the climax bracelet, it is a item to only be used for fun, you will not get credit in play history for using this. (But you will for achievements!)

38. What is the Kilgore Glitch?

This happens when you have lightning durga on your feet, and Kilgore on your feet on set B. First do the combo YYYYB, a second after you hit B and the animation for the kicking starts, switch to your kilgore weapon set and mash B very quickly. This will fire rockets like mad and kill things very quickly!

39. How do I freeze enemies with Odette?

It seems to be mostly random from what I can tell, but the attacks you do for holding B seem to have a better chance of freezing then others. Just keep kicking them with it equipped and it will happen eventually!

40. What's the best way to clear the "Limited Kicks and Punches" alfheim?

Use Durga, hold down Y after each attack, Easy.

41. What's the best way to clear the "Stay in the air for 60 seconds" alfheim?

Use Kulshedra, pull enemies to you then bounce off of their heads with jump.

42. You are so awesome for making this! How can I repay you?

Pay it forward.
---
Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/foxyareku
O lawd child is dat sum homoeroticism ~ TheCatGoesMeow
#8FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:46:43 PMmessage detail
Oh and ignore the other topic I made for this, gamefaqs needs an edit button.

Hope you guys like!
---
#9FoxyAreku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2010 12:01:05 AMmessage detail
Keep it bumped guys and request for a sticky.
---
#10kodama42Posted 2/9/2010 12:16:00 AMmessage detail
nice :)