Dodge Offset Comboing

#1EternalDahakaPosted 3/23/2012 12:25:38 AM
Its basically the technique were you hold an attack button during a dodge to continue the combo after the dodge. I guess my question would be how effective is this and why would it be chosen over starting a new combo?
#2Cmac4Posted 3/23/2012 4:17:09 PM
Why would ya want to start a new combo when you can just finish one and therefore get a wicked weave out faster, sure there's times when starting a different combo would be better but in those cases you just don't use the dodge offset. One of the more useful things IMO is you can start to charge Pillow Talk and you can use the dodge offset to be able to move around while keeping it charged and your not left wide open for an attack.
---
I was going to say the cake is a lie, then I took an arrow to the knee...Then I ate some oranges and everything was k.
#3ACgreen1foteenPosted 3/24/2012 12:35:55 PM
Without the luxury of Witch Time in Non-Stop Infinite Climax mode, you'll need to rely on dodge offsets in order to put out damage. You simply won't have time to start a new combo going every second because a lot of enemies are going to be on your tail, fast.

You'll need a way to control the crowd and dodge offsets puts you in an advantage. You can start a combo, dodge offset, and get a Wicked Weave out.
---
" Eye of the tiger!"
- Apollo Creed, Rocky III
#4HaoKuaiDeJianPosted 4/1/2012 9:44:28 AM
EternalDahaka posted...
Its basically the technique were you hold an attack button during a dodge to continue the combo after the dodge. I guess my question would be how effective is this and why would it be chosen over starting a new combo?

Have a good watch through this & judge for yourself. I know what I do ;)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03EAE0B799685792&feature=plcp
#5EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2012 10:11:11 PM
HaoKuaiDeJian posted...

Have a good watch through this & judge for yourself. I know what I do ;)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03EAE0B799685792&feature=plcp

Sorry for the uber late response. ^^ That right there is flipping amazing. 0_o I didn't even know the mechanics allowed that level of awesomeness. Thanks to everyone who commented. :)