Why I don't like this game

#1lonelyhamsterPosted 4/30/2012 8:44:12 PM
This game has so many cool moves and such a great dodging concept, i.e. how you are supposed to read enemy prompts and time your dodges precisely. (I didn't like dodge offset, it was too hard to use.) You really see the concept shine in some Alfheims. I also liked the first Jeanne fight on hard mode. (The second Jeanne fight was too easy and I'm not sure if I want to play the rest. I quit at chapter 11.) But they never utilize the dodging in the main game like they do in the Alfheims, where they surround you with enemies that are readable that you have to constantly keep an eye on. Instead, all the hard parts in the game are parts where you face enemies that have attacks without prompts, that are too quick to read. The only strategies that really work are these: you keep a distance and use Kilgore and wicked weaves, or knock one enemy up in the air and combo it. Graces and Glories and Joys are like this. Everything else is extremely easy to kill. So there are no interesting challenges throughout the whole main game probably. I thought the game was barely mediocre, which is a shame because it could have been so much more.
#2rice_noodlesPosted 4/30/2012 8:56:17 PM
I can read and react to the prompts just fine, whether I'm using dodge offset or not.

Even without a fast reaction time or dodge offset, you can deal with G&G and Joys by stunning them. Using the claw switch animation instantly stun G&G. Joys you can use a certain combo that knock them off their feet. A single held shotgun attack or claw attack stuns well. And unless you play too badly, you should have enough magic to finish them off with torture attack.

Or when all else fails, blame the game for being bad because you can't read and react to the prompts in time. And blame the game for too easy and too hard at the same time.
#3lonelyhamster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 8:11:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4HaoKuaiDeJianPosted 5/1/2012 9:16:01 AM
lonelyhamster posted...
G&Gs and Joys both have attacks with no prompts. From them standing there neutrally to you being hit happens in a split second. It has nothing to do with reaction time here, it has to do with pattern reading, if the devs even made that possible which I am unsure of. Most of the pros I've come across through guides here or on Youtube all use distance tactics, so I guess it isn't, and if it is it is not obvious.

I am blaming the game for being bad, but not because it is too easy and too hard at the same time. That part was added by your autism.

If you want the most out of Bayonetta then it sounds like you've been reading the wrong guides & watching the wrong videos. Theirs a few skilled players on youtube. You just got to know where to look.

Sorry to post this again, but I think it's appropriate for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03EAE0B799685792&feature=view_all
#5rice_noodlesPosted 5/1/2012 9:53:19 AM

That part was added by your autism.

My what now?
#6lonelyhamster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 10:27:26 AM
All those clips show me is that the supposed hardest feat in the game (or so I've heard a couple times) can be beaten by mostly running around in panther form and spamming the strongest attacks when there is an opening/witch time/enough distance. They practically prove my point. I mean I guess defensive maneuvers aren't even that important in this game.
#7lonelyhamster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 10:33:27 AM
@rice_noodles I knew it was grammatically wrong when I posted it, I was just being lazy.
#8HaoKuaiDeJianPosted 5/1/2012 11:43:30 AM
lonelyhamster posted...
All those clips show me is that the supposed hardest feat in the game (or so I've heard a couple times) can be beaten by mostly running around in panther form and spamming the strongest attacks when there is an opening/witch time/enough distance. They practically prove my point. I mean I guess defensive maneuvers aren't even that important in this game.

I honestly can't tell whether you're trolling or just being stupid.

Those videos look like I'm running away & waiting for WT/openings? lmao. did you even click on the link lol. Spamming yeah, I was given a challenge & wanted to make sure I passed it.

If it's that easy then show me up to 5 people playing at the skill level. You show me 3 people who have beat TLC without glitching. You show me 5 people who can play to the standard which is set in those videos without using PB.

I'll save you the trouble man. You won't be able to because they don't exist on YT. There's less than a handful of us who have bet this TLC legitimately on YT & even few who have beat it with the skill which you see in those videos. Yeah, I'm not saying that you can't beat it in the way your saying, but that's down to the player for playing that way & just like ANY other game. Besides, Bayonetta shouldn't be played that way & people who play like that obviously haven't fully grasped the mechanics. Why would you play like that if you had mastered the mechanics. It doesn't make any sense.

Defense isn't important lol. This comment alone shows what you know about this game lol. Stop playing on easy on get on None stop climax, equip gave of despair & don't use pully's butterfly & then come back & tel me defense isn't important.
#9HaoKuaiDeJianPosted 5/1/2012 12:12:06 PM
I still can't edit my post's
-----------------------------------------
A couple more points I'd like to make.

You got to chapter 11 which means you havenít even unlocked hard mode & you think defence isn't important. Beat the game & try the harder difficulties ;)

This game is catered for all types of players. If this was like NG/NG2 you'd be complaining that it's to hard, but when a game is designed to meet everyone's skill level you still moan lol.

If I'm not to use panther, dodge off set moves etc how am I meant to play the game? The way you play it lol. No thanks. If you're following those "guides" I'm not surprised you donít like it. I wouldn't like it myself.

Not being able to read prompts. How do you expect to when you haven't beat the game. You haven't played the game enough to know these patterns. Come man, I bet you've got about 10 hours, at the most . Your reasons as to why you don't like Bayo are the worst reasons to I've ever heard. If anything, it's because of the combat engine that separates Bayonetta from the rest of the Hack & slash games out there & for the better.
#10lonelyhamster(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 6:20:56 AM
Continued here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/946345-bayonetta/62690983