Nintendo Wi-Fi 20th May 2014 being switched off permanently

#1Alfred_QPosted 3/13/2014 5:05:00 AM
If you would like to play please leave a message. I will check back regularly, Please note this game can be played worldwide but for some weird reason the in game friend codes between North American and European players don't work.

But we can play together online. I will add my details if i get any interest from anyone?. Come on guys we won't ever be able to play this again in the future online.

Ps please practise offline before playing online for better and more competitive online matches.
---
GT: Alfred Saxon
Xbox Live Gold costs 8p a day
#2Vara_samaPosted 3/15/2014 8:10:45 AM
I didn't know you also had this game! But after checking more this forum it seems you've been here for quite a while; I could play with you sometime, but I'll need some more practice since I can barely beat story mode, hehe.

By the way, since you've been around here for so long, do you know how the DLC works? I mean, what downloads certain things and how I enable them... before formatting I had the tractor ball, bomb ball, paralyze ball, insane difficulty and the extra stage, and I never knew if that was all. Now, I just have the tractor ball and the bomb ball, and I didn't unlock the latter even after beating story mode again, so I don't know...
---
My collection of games: www.backloggery.com/mavarac
Maybe you've seen me online? I go by "Mawioc Udwoc" or just "Mawioc".
#3Alfred_Q(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 10:58:54 AM
At one point in time i loved this game, I got the original on PC engine. I have not played in a very long time, I cannot remember how i unlock all the stuff, You may unlock something by playing online too.

If you want to play please suggested a date and time. We will play all three tables and takes about 30 minutes. It can be quite soul destroying so don't say you were not warned.

Thank you for replying bye for now.
---
#4Vara_samaPosted 3/15/2014 11:28:07 AM
I've never played this game online since I downloaded it (same with Onslaught, Overturn and others) and I actually looked over and over years ago, nowadays I don't even bother searching for randoms... but because of that I know all I had unlocked so far isn't unlocked by playing online.

I have no idea how this game is played against more people but thanks for the warning :P
---
#5Alfred_Q(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 11:40:28 AM
I have onslaught too.
---
#6spark_2503Posted 3/21/2014 11:00:09 PM
I wanna play online too. I've just bought it, it's seems it connects and downloads something but I'm not sure if I still get everything now. Anyone can shed some light on the subject, please?
I'll be playing weekdays around 4 PM CDT to 7 and probably at midnight, also weekdays. If there are people from Europe, I suggest to play from 4 to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. That way, people in NA could play with you in the morning and afternoon of Saturdays and Sundays.
#7Alfred_Q(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2014 3:08:34 AM
Hello Spark, me and vara will play we you speak to you soon, Make sure you have practiced before we play, I hope can do this on a regular basis because after the 20th of May its all done.
---
#8masterdevil007Posted 3/24/2014 9:27:17 AM(edited)
Alfred_Q posted...
I cannot remember how i unlock all the stuff, You may unlock something by playing online too.

Can anyone confirm this? I might just pick it up to unlock the online multiplayer stuff for preservation purposes.

On a side-note, Vara_sama, how is Overturn? I've been considering that, as well, but the board is dead. Not even a Wi-Fi service cancellation thread. :-/

EDIT: Did a little research and apparently all the DLC is unlocked through single-player, either by completing the story or by beating your current high score.

Well, that's what I gathered from the comments section over here: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2008/11/alien_crush_returns
#9Vara_samaPosted 3/24/2014 9:47:27 AM
I've read more messages from this forum and I've tried to look up myself, but nobody knows for sure what unlocks the DLC or what even propmts it to download... I downloaded the Bomb Ball a couple of weeks ago, and played Arcade and Story mode, got new scores and I still haven't unlocked it... also, I haven't downloaded anything else I had before (insane difficulty, extra stage, the other balls...)

About Overturn, I've never found a single person online since I got the game so it wouldn't really make any difference when WFC is gone. I've never beaten the game, before formatting I only had completed 3 tournaments and unlocked a few extra parts; browsing through online rankings I can see there might even be 4 extra bodies but I haven't been able to find any info about them (and apparently the last tournaments are quite hard to beat, according to the posts from the OVerturn forum)
---
#10Alfred_Q(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:57:03 AM
Sorry i have been away guys.
---