Need help getting SwapMagic 3 Plus Coder ver. 3.8 to work so I can play this

#1SamuraiDukePosted 4/8/2013 4:27:27 PM
I'm having a conundrum here, and I'm wondering if there's anyone here who has knowledge on this thing may be able to give me a hand.

I have a copy of Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 2 Tokumori here that I wish to play so that I may be able to write something for if possible. A friend gave me his PS2 Slim, which is modded with a fliptop converter, and a copy of SwapMagic Plus 3 Coder (version 3.8), two discs, each for the CD and DVD. USA version.

PS2 model's number is SCPH-79001. Silver color.

I have tried to get SwapMagic and the PS2 to cooperate, but I can only get as far as the boot menu. When I take the disc out, the program in question demands a TOC disc from me. I've read that it's in the disc itself and that it should recognize it or so, but that hasn't happened with me, as I've tried this numerous times, so I wonder if this TOC disc is a separate disc that I need to locate, or something else. A friend of mine claimed he was able to get it running just fine back then... I don't know why I'm having so much trouble.

Please help me out if you can give me any advice. I would appreciate it deeply.
#2SamuraiDuke(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 4:31:40 PM
Also worth mentioning is that the SwapMagic discs, by the way, are brand new and I've kept them clean since I got them.
#3SamuraiDuke(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 7:12:40 PM
Okay, I managed to figure out how to get the fliptop to work after realizing how the whole thing operates. Silly me.

But I'm still having problems getting it to actually read the disc. It refuses to read and boot it up and just takes me back to the browser prompt instead.

Is there something else I'm supposed to do?
#4SamuraiDuke(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 7:56:05 AM
If a mod stumbles upon this, feel free to delete it. Kinda feel like I might have overstepped something. My apologies.