Having trouble with runeys? Read this...

#1Silver ScreemerPosted 3/27/2009 6:42:22 PM
Ok so I reached prosperity in all 8 places (I never even touched mountain trail)

All is well for the moment, and it's Pumpkin Festival.

But I'm still a bit worried, I have about 80 grass in my inventory , but like... zero water, 6 rock, and 12 tree.

So if things go off balance, well, I can't really do much to fix em. Since I need rocks to keep my grass breeding ground open, and with no tree's the rocks die out... so I had to put tree's in my breeding grounds.

By the way, the process I used was this- well first you have to understand this-

Easy to remember...

Lake and beach---Water- Duh there's water
Business and Square- Rock- They have lots of rocks (buildings made of rocks)
Church and Mountain- Tree- Church has the huge tree, mountain has tons of trees
And Mist and Farms (Not yours) have grass, because they're farms and what not

Your farm is all 4 of them.

I don't QUITE have it figured out, but it seems the dominant species does ok in it's area...

So here's what I did.

MY FARM- I put 15 water, 20 rock, 25 tree, and 30 grass. This was hard because I had like NO grass at the time and I had to use every grass I had to do this... it was a gamble.

As people have recommended- Grow some fodder, and leave it alone, you should gain runies every day without losing too many.

Ok then what I did was take the remaining runeys, and divide them up as you can.

The grass farm is a good second stop.

Take as many water as you can get (60 is best), 10 rocks, and 10 grass. then leave em in Mist or Erik's farm spots. Be aware this will completely kill your rock. If you're low on rock, throw some tree up, but keep in mind this will lower the amount of grass you collect. This will get you about 53 water, 0 rock, 0 tree, and 30 grass. so you gain about 20 grass a day if you have the rocks to keep throwing up.

So, after you start getting a few runeys... go around and divide them up like this:

10, 10, 10, 5*

*The 5 is the area's type.

To better explain... Rock area's get 5 less rocks, water areas 5 less water, and tree areas 5 less tree's. so the town square gets 10 water, 5 rock, 10 tree, and 10 grass.

So look at the amount of runeys you have, and figure out which area's to start with. Obviously you start with the area of the runey you have least of.

For me, I completely ignored Mountain road, because I hear people complaining they have too many tree's, and well, I don't guess I'll need to breed trees. And keep in mind that 8 prosperitys are the sweet spot, not all 9. Why this is I do not know. Having too many water isn't a problem because you can turn those into rune stones and such, to upgrade animals.

So with the 10,10, 10, 5 thing, you'll reach prosperity. and the grass factorys will give you some grass, to toss around if you run too low on grass.

I'm sort of just worried about not having too many other runeys to play with, but everything seems to be going ok.

Anyway, this is a way to get everything green, with a fairly small amount of runeys.

As for how self sustaining it is though, I have no idea. I also don't know if 10,10,10,5 is the BEST combo. I suspect, Rock, Water, and Tree have their own sweet spots. I haven't discovered them yet though.
#2LanThePrince77Posted 3/27/2009 6:46:51 PM
Just to explain the "why not I make every area have prosperity?"

If all the areas are prosper, no effect will happen to your plants, this also happens if all your areas are extinct (yes I tested it out.) While if you have 8 areas instead of 9, your crops will grow much much faster. And the opposite happens too, 8 areas extinct and 1 area alive, your crops will begin to die. :)
#3scrubking2006Posted 3/27/2009 7:00:38 PM
If all the areas are prosper, no effect will happen to your plants, this also happens if all your areas are extinct (yes I tested it out.) While if you have 8 areas instead of 9, your crops will grow much much faster. And the opposite happens too, 8 areas extinct and 1 area alive, your crops will begin to die. :)

Could you please explain what you mean by this?
---
newlevelgaming.blog-city.com
#4LanThePrince77Posted 3/27/2009 7:08:48 PM
Mmhm.

All Areas Prosper = No Effect on growth of crops (If a flower takes 100 days to grow, it will grow for 100 days and then be able to harvest.)
8 Areas Prosper, 1 alive/dead = Effect on growth of crops (If a flower takes 100 days to grow, it'll take less days to harvest.)

Other way around?

All Areas extinct = No effect on growth of crops (If a flower takes 100 days to grow, it will grow for 100 days and then be able to harvest.)
1 Area Alive, everything else extinct = Crops will begin dying, take a loooong time for them to be "harvestable."

So basically, don't make everything prosper. <__<;;

And by flower I could also mean a crop, like a Cucumber could take 18 days (I think that's the real number...iunno.) to grow up, it'll take less if 8 areas are prosper. :)
#5Silver Screemer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2009 7:10:23 PM
I dono the games pretty crazy... just know that you only need 8. You can pick one to ignore from the start.

I HIGHLY Recommend ignoring either the Lake, or Mountain trail.

First they're too far away to manage daily, second, they give you the 2 most common runeys, and third... having 9 just isn't an option so you have to ignore SOMETHING.

As for what I meant, I was talking about game logic. According to the lore, there should be no reason 9 shouldn't be better than 8. No one says anything about the dangers of having all 9 area's prosper, quite the contrary. So I think maybe it's a glitch or something?

What I AM curious about though...

it seems 0 is better than 1. But is like, 3 better than 2? 6 better than 4? or are 2 -7 all exactly the same in terms of rewards/curses?

Seems 2 and 3 should slow your growth time, just a bit, 4 and 5 should be about neutral, 6 and 7 should increase growth time, and 8 and 9 should be the sweet spots.

But that doesn't seem to be how it works...

Anyway... yeah.
---
The Brawl has begun.
1332-7364-1254 Bring it :)