Runey Guide - How they work and how to get areas into prosperity v2

#211omega_dogPosted 6/16/2011 6:37:19 AMmessage detail
WildFang1 posted...
"15. If all areas are in prosperity...
Some people say nothing happens, in other words, it's as if all areas where normal and you loose the prosperity bonus. Has anyone tested this?"

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I have tested it. I spent the first 7 days of autumn with every area prosperous. All my crops changed phase daily, and I everything was fully grown in 5 days. I don't know if it was faster than only 8 areas of prosperity, but I definitely did NOT lose the prosperity bonus.

Is there any way to actually keep all areas in prosperity? Without a grass factory you can't obtain enough grass to maintain prosperity can you?
#212rynrakoPosted 6/17/2011 8:49:57 AMmessage detail
omega_dog posted...
WildFang1 posted...
"15. If all areas are in prosperity...
Some people say nothing happens, in other words, it's as if all areas where normal and you loose the prosperity bonus. Has anyone tested this?"

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I have tested it. I spent the first 7 days of autumn with every area prosperous. All my crops changed phase daily, and I everything was fully grown in 5 days. I don't know if it was faster than only 8 areas of prosperity, but I definitely did NOT lose the prosperity bonus.

Is there any way to actually keep all areas in prosperity? Without a grass factory you can't obtain enough grass to maintain prosperity can you?

As long as you have enough grass Runey stockpiled you can just float until you run out. Afterward you'd have to grow fodder on your farm and leave it there. You need at least 16 grass runey a day though to keep up the counts and in winter that won't work. It's possible is you grow a lot of fodder but it's just a lot easier to have a continuous grass factory year round to supply and stock up on Grass Runey.

I don't know if there's a different between 8/9 and 9/9 areas in prosperity but most crops grow in 4 days with 8/9 so it doesn't matter much (the rest that don't you'll using formulas on anyway).
---
Only those you trust can ever betray you.
MSN-ingwayvalentine@aol.com, PSN - Sliphatos.
#213omega_dogPosted 6/17/2011 6:33:24 PMmessage detail
From what I could tell if 9/9 did affect anything chances are it would only affect crop growth by a day or two and the amount of fodder that you would have to grow to manage that wouldn't be worth it you would actually probably be making less money considering most crops with 8/9 grow with 4 days. And using a grass factory isn't all that hard or long of a process once you do reach 8/9. I'm currently at 7/9 and I started around Summer 23rd and I'm currently at Fall 9th.
#214tojamsPosted 5/7/2012 9:58:01 PMmessage detail
This is a very thorough thread on runeys. One thing I would add is that there is now an iPhone app that assists with the whole Runey balance dilemma. It is called the Runey Calculator. It lets you enter your game data and gives you a customized plan on exactly what to do to balance them. It will even guide you through setting up a grass factory. It really is pretty sharp.
#215xan96Posted 6/23/2012 6:44:54 PMmessage detail
ok the runeys are really simple use your harvester to take some from your homestead and put them in equal numbers where needed
---
xan zaffke
#216rhys0789Posted 12/1/2012 6:24:34 AMmessage detail
This is interesting. I think there is no easy way out of totally forgetting the system if you want a ripe field as i think its there to assure players they will have something to do everyday.
My 8 areas are in prosperity (60 all, 45 grass), Im waiting for my grass factory to produce enough so I can up the 45 grass count to 60 and stop farming everyday.
The first 7days (1st-7th) of each month also tremendously helps in managing the runeys. Just get 7 of each runey but not enough that it goes below 35 and leave it like that.
#217mutillidae7Posted 9/11/2013 1:17:06 AMmessage detail
I think this runey system is a nice idea but horribly executed in the English version of this game. The Japanese version features a full cycle in which every runey type is consumed by another, rather than having one type at the top and one at the bottom of a short chain.

If grass runeys were able to consume waters then it would be more representative of a natural ecosystem which would require occasional well planned balancing rather than these needlessly intricate strategies.

People who enjoyed optimizing them would be happy because they could build up the ecosystems and maintain the balance at higher levels, while players who found runeys annoying could ignore them most of the time and just deal with occasional imbalances caused by excessive rain ect.

I really wish there was a way to have the Japanese releases runey system with the English version... or at least a mod to simulate it.... because I feel like this is a black mark on a otherwise beautifully executed game.