Is there some way to increase your total RP?

#1Phange 2Posted 4/5/2009 6:36:09 PM
The 500 RP limit is obnoxious. I can barely water my whole field of crops without running out of RP and being unable to visit a dungeon.

---
Xbox Live: Phange 2
Playstation Network: Phange
#2KiariyPosted 4/5/2009 6:42:50 PM
No

Eat food (cook fish or crops), it restores a lot
Get higher levels in skills, you will use less RP
Get better tools, they water/cut more for only double RP
Fully grown dungeons give runes that restore 125 RP
Use the bath (from Melody) to restore all RP and HP once a day
Get level ups if you are fighting, fight strong stuff...

Later on you won't care about RP, it's time that you will need
#3KiariyPosted 4/5/2009 6:44:35 PM
Oh I forgot, get monsters to water/cut/harvest your field

You waste a lot of RP with basic tools, try to finish dungeons with Melody's bath to get ores, buy a forge from Lute and make better tools (then get an expansion for teh forge from Kross anbd buy better forges form Lute and get even better tools)
#4Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2009 6:50:52 PM
The game gives little direction as to how to upgrade stuff. I've used the forge to upgrade all my tools past "cheap" but I don't really know how to level them up.

---
#5KiariyPosted 4/5/2009 6:53:40 PM
You level your skill by using them which make syou use less RP

You "level up" stuff when you are making it, if you use better materials, you get higher level equips. Tools are an exception, you can use the recipe with 2 scrap irons to level them up (remember to use higher level scrap iron)

Get a better forge since you'll need it to make better tools

And finally

Gold => BF6 in Lava Ruins
Platinum => Whale Island tower and Snow Ruins
#6Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2009 6:55:14 PM
I'm still in Spring of the first year so I think I'm a bit ahead of the game. I've already plowed through 3 floors of the Green dungeon and a few floors (and an outdoors area) of Whale Island.

Trying to marry Mist. I've heard you can't actually marry her until you beat the game, though.

---
#7KiariyPosted 4/5/2009 6:55:14 PM
The watering can Special attack goes from 1x3 to 3x3 to 5x5 to... something >.>

Get monsters to work with you anyway, watering takes almost no RP (at least once you get a better watering can since you water 9 crops) but harvesting takes way too much time.
#8Voda20Posted 4/5/2009 7:04:35 PM

Hmmm. I try to level up my tools, I have lvl 5 scrap iron, but they still come out as lvl 1. Why is that?

#9Akel777Posted 4/5/2009 7:25:46 PM
thats kinda the point of the RP limit, so that you can't wait until later when you can actually keep using less and less rp by lvling up. And of course the limits are harder in the beginning when you don't have money or as much means to make good food.
#10Arthur WriterPosted 4/5/2009 8:26:12 PM
Hmmm. I try to level up my tools, I have lvl 5 scrap iron, but they still come out as lvl 1. Why is that?

For all crafts, the level of final product is based on two things:

1) The level of the lowest leveled component
2) If you hit the Green Area while crafting.

So if you're trying to level up a level 1 cheap hammer with two level 5 iron scraps, the best you're going to do is make it into a level 2 cheap hammer, and that's only if you hit the "perfect craft" green area.