Shortcut to Whale Island Flank

#1mizukichanPosted 4/6/2009 3:22:19 PM

Where exactly is the boulder we're supposed to smash to open up that shortcut from the flank to the cave depths?

#2Bladekill990Posted 4/6/2009 3:39:25 PM
Take the second slope up to the top path from -Fin, then head left. There should be a sparkly wall there that you hit. You should pass by a poison patch when you take the slope.
#3godemperorbobPosted 4/6/2009 3:39:59 PM
It's not a boulder. From the Whale Fin, go thru the gate then northwest to the roadway, then west to you see an area of a cliff sparkling. Using a sliver hammer or greater and special attack, strike the cliff where there are sparkles. A shortcut passage to Whale Drain in the Cavern Depths will open.

---
Godemperorbob
#4mizukichan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2009 4:02:41 PM

Ah, no wonder I couldnt find it.. thought I had to break some big boulder lol Thanks.

#5mizukichan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2009 4:09:55 PM

Is there a shortcut to the drain as well? or is that just a typo?

#6godemperorbobPosted 4/6/2009 4:51:32 PM
From the Whale Flank, the other end of the shortcut comes out at Cave Surface near the mouth entrance. When you climb the vine i front of the Clock Tower, you enter Whale Cave by the Cave Surface Entrance. The exact location of the shortcut outlet is to bypass the first three groups of Orcs, bear right into a cul-de-sac with a Monster Gate, two orcs, and a plot of arable soil. The shortcut will be on the right marked by a glowing arrow. It will allow you to get to Whale Flank without having to worry about any of the other monsters in between. Of course, you still have all of the monsters on the Flank and at the Tree before you can get to the Drain. Oh, the fun!!!

---
Godemperorbob
#7godemperorbobPosted 4/6/2009 5:32:46 PM
Sorry, My bad. From the Whale Flank, the other end of the shortcut comes out at Cave Surface near the mouth entrance. When you climb the vine i front of the Clock Tower, you enter Whale Cave by the Cave Surface Entrance. The exact location of the shortcut outlet is to bypass the first three groups of Orcs, bear right into a cul-de-sac with a Monster Gate, two orcs, and a plot of arable soil. The shortcut will be on the right marked by a glowing arrow. It will allow you to get to Whale Flank without having to worry about any of the other monsters in between. Of course, you still have all of the monsters on the Flank and at the Tree before you can get to the Drain. Oh, the fun!!!

---
Godemperorbob
#8godemperorbobPosted 4/6/2009 5:36:59 PM
There is a connection between the top of the Tail Tree and the Drain. But you ain't big enough for that yet. pardner. After getting to the Tail Tree and getting whipped, go talk to Kanno. He might know something. And keep leveling up, cuz it jus gets worser, cuz.

---
Godemperorbob