270 turnips vs 9 emery flowers

#1Regent192Posted 4/8/2009 10:24:06 PM

which one raises mist's love gauge more?

#2BlulightningPosted 4/8/2009 10:29:39 PM
Good question.
But I'm guessing Emery Flowers don't actually raise her LP much more than turnips do.

Unless the developers actually realized how freaking long watering something for 120 days is, and then they actually coded something special for it.
.... but I very highly doubt that.
---
Don't believe everything you hear.
But it's okay to believe everything you read.
#3URT86Posted 4/8/2009 10:39:41 PM
@_@ if it was like the DS version, then maybe....
gave Mist one emery and her LP up alot (not normal)
#4stoney556Posted 4/8/2009 10:43:29 PM
Turnips. By far. Emery flowers fill her gauge up faster, but not by much. Aside from watering the same plant for 120 days and traversing through Whale Island 120 times, you're better off keeping the flowers for your best equips.

The only reason I can see why the developers put Emery flowers as her favorite is because her other love is turnips which are the easiest things to grow. Just stick with a turnip a day and tilling your field while she's there between noon and 6PM. You'll get her up to 10LP in no time.

Also, come winter when you might run low on turnips, baked apples are another of her favorites. :)
#5Regent192(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2009 8:20:22 AM

stoney556 posted...
Turnips. By far. Emery flowers fill her gauge up faster, but not by much. Aside from watering the same plant for 120 days and traversing through Whale Island 120 times, you're better off keeping the flowers for your best equips.

The only reason I can see why the developers put Emery flowers as her favorite is because her other love is turnips which are the easiest things to grow. Just stick with a turnip a day and tilling your field while she's there between noon and 6PM. You'll get her up to 10LP in no time.

Also, come winter when you might run low on turnips, baked apples are another of her favorites. :)

Where do you getbaked apples I looked in the FAQs and there doesn't seem to be any

#6mizukichanPosted 4/13/2009 8:24:59 AM

Buy apples from Erik and get them from the trees then bake them yourself.

#7cc4567Posted 4/13/2009 9:31:33 AM
how do you get emery flowers O.o
---
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill
#8mizukichanPosted 4/13/2009 11:09:51 AM

Buy the seeds from Rosetta's shop and plant them somewhere that spring crops can grow. They take like a year to grow I think (120 days). Shave off a bunch of days if you have prosperity or adding formulas to it though.

#9Regent192(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2009 7:00:08 PM

mizukichan posted...

Buy apples from Erik and get them from the trees then bake them yourself.

how do u bake them?

#10mizukichanPosted 4/14/2009 7:06:56 PM

Oven > Roasted Apples recipe.

If you missed winter then you can buy them from Rita in the spring.

Though honestly.. just planting turnip seeds in the green ruins far cheaper and less work. Mist isn't all that hard to raise her lp.