i just found an awesome glitch!!!

#21IlmoranPosted 5/22/2009 8:55:00 PM
I'm not sure exactly how it works as far as making sure you don't accidentally wipe out both the duped stack and the original stack, but the safest thing seems to be: If you must put it back on the shortcut bar (d-pad, blue squares, whatever you call it), put it in a different slot on it after each duplication.
#22Z_OblivionPosted 5/23/2009 8:59:42 AM
I was testing this glitch with some flowers and sashimi...
So far i figured out you don't really need to "Cycle" between the Shortcut slots, i just used the down and left slots, alternating them obviously...

And i also do what Ilmoran said just in case:
I haven't done extensive testing on it, but just to be on the safe side, when I was done duping my stack, I went back and fought the chicken again with no items in my shortcuts to hopefully "clear" anything left from the dupe that might erase items later.

Also, i wanted to hear about how do you guys "kill" the chicken and eat at the same time.
I tried with a companion monster but the timing was too random. I tried with the poison spear but apparently the bosses are immune to status effects.
Now i just stand far away from the boss, use the fireball spell, and quickly eat the item before the spell hits.
Any other ideas to make it even easier?
It's actually kinda easy with the fireball but i'm just curious...
---
Spike's about the only anime character that will kick your ass without telling you how he's gonna do it first.
#23BoldrinPosted 5/23/2009 8:32:59 PM
So, I assume you can custom-slot the Stat Increasing items of the game, because you eat them, right? Making this way easier than growing 100 day "Crystal" flowers, finding a little crystal, and the other 2 "semi-rare" items involved with making them...

Someone should REALLY test that out.
---
Official "Debutante" of CMWABME
CP: Rune Factory Frontier, Street Fighter 4, Pokemon Pearl
#24tmoney76Posted 5/28/2009 3:32:25 PM
The stat bump items are listed as a medicine. Looking at the HP potions, they are also listed as a medicine. Base on that I would assume it is possible. I will be able to confirm very soon as my fireflower has almost bloomed.
#25tmoney76Posted 5/28/2009 4:00:25 PM
Regarding the wipe prevention my method has been this.

Before the fight, the item I want to duplicate is in my bag, not the short-cut menu.
I enter the fight and then access my custom menu to set the item that I want to duplicate.
Defeat the boss, dupe the item (as described previously).
After the cut-scene, I access my inventory.
I take the stack out of my hands and place it in my bag.
I switch to the custom menu, remove the stack from the short-cut menu and put that in my bag also.
I warp to the entrance, walk out of the dungeon, walk back in and go fight again.
Repeat.

I've been very successful with this method having never lost an item stack that way.
#26starralaznPosted 5/29/2009 11:16:46 AM
i was wondering where this post went..
i went away for a couple days and then it disappeared :3

energy drinks(specifically) have really short animation times..
so i personally find it somewhat difficult to duplicate these =x
#27Z_OblivionPosted 5/31/2009 3:09:45 PM
energy drinks(specifically) have really short animation times..
so i personally find it somewhat difficult to duplicate these =x

Yes, that's actually a Big advantage over normal food in some situations...
I was fighting the Whale Island boss yesterday, and when he goes berserk you have a really small time frame to eat food items without being hit... luckily i had like 30 energy drinks S so i barely made it...
---
Spike's about the only anime character that will kick your ass without telling you how he's gonna do it first.
#28gigi_ggPosted 6/5/2009 1:05:50 PM
This is interesting. I am curious how many folks think using this kind of cheat is less like "cheating" than using something like Gecko to gain additional items?
#29BoldrinPosted 6/5/2009 8:22:46 PM
It's just a time saver, and most players have already gotten far enough into the game if duping anything would benefit them in some way. Duping a stack of turnips won't help new players, so it's not like this makes the game somehow broken.
---
Official "Debutante" of CMWABME
CP: Rune Factory Frontier, Street Fighter 4, Pokemon Pearl
#30gigi_ggPosted 6/6/2009 5:19:54 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. In my situation I've already played 150+ hours and have beaten the game. Just wondering about folks' thoughts on replicating, for example, energy drink X this way versus using gecko to do it. I personally don't see any difference but I know some do.