Which monster is the best Wood cutter/gatherer?

#1SneakersPosted 8/25/2009 2:42:37 PM
I have Little Mage, but the message thread on this forum mentions the Minotaur and this other one that starts with an I. Both are in Lava Ruins if I recall, which I have access to. I just want a better wood gathering monster. Other Wood gathers I haven't been able to get to yet. Still at Lava Ruins.

---
Playing -(AC:CF, FF4:TAY, Rune Factory(Wii))
AC:CF Gabriel in Joukai 4897-9409-8745 / AC:CF Sneakers in Joukai 0818-2475-5002
#2RydainPosted 8/25/2009 3:01:30 PM
All the monsters of a given type (wood gatherer, crop harvester, etc.) do their job equally well. They start off crappy and improve as their friendship level goes up. Increase your mage's friendship by brushing it daily and taking it for walks. For an extra friendship boost, you can request one of Candy's friendship day miracles before doing all of this.

---
~ http://rydain.org/ ~
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." -Willy Wonka
#3Sneakers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2009 4:03:41 PM
Ok....what would be a better wood gathering monster to get, that would be good to take around in dungeons to fight? Little Mage's attacks are just terrible. I see Ignis and Minotaur are Wood gatherers, but I don't know what they look like in the game. I got quite far into the Lava Ruins, I just was stuck with the rocks with piles of dirt holding them up...didn't know you needed a hoe for them. I want to replace the Little Mage and get something that I can use in the dungeons, that would be useful or at least last long and be able to fight back.

---
Playing -(AC:CF, FF4:TAY, Rune Factory(Wii))
AC:CF Gabriel in Joukai 4897-9409-8745 / AC:CF Sneakers in Joukai 0818-2475-5002
#4Guardian of HyrulePosted 8/25/2009 5:39:55 PM
IMO, it's less weird to see Little Mage stink at cutting wood and slowly get better and eventually be able to magically poof away stumps... Than to see a beast like the Minotaur suck at cutting wood as bad as he does when you first get him...
---
We can all learn something from the Legend of Zelda and it's triforce, Power is nothing without the courage and wisdom to make use of it it...