How to get forge and upgrade tools

#1FatesAssasinPosted 7/5/2010 12:36:37 PM
I am wondering how this is done? I see a lot of "forge" talk but I dunno where to get one.

Also, how would I upgrade my tools to the next level once I have it? From my understanding i need my cheap tool + 2 irons to make it...but to get iron I need to break rocks, which I cannot do without a better than cheap hammer... Has me pretty confused...
#264starchildPosted 7/5/2010 1:12:07 PM
First you need to let Kross build a Forge. Kross is located in the south district usually outside working of his farm on sunny days or inside the church on rainy days. there are 3 types of forges:
- Cozy
- Cool
- Creepy
Each have different designs that affect both inside and outside your house. Each forge cost:
240 wood; 20,000 gold.
Once you build the forge, you must then buy the forge items from Lute. Lute is found during holidays in the town square.
There he will sell you everything for your forge, lab, kitchen, makers, and furniture for your house.
Here are the list of forges bought from him:

Handy Forge (2,000 gold)
- 2 slots for forge/crafting table

Great Forge (8,000 gold)
- 4 slots for forge/crafting table

Maestro Forge (28,000 gold)
- 6 slots for forge/crafting table

Also you can get a forge storage for items like weapons, and other things used to make weapons. No food can go in there.
Forge Storage (10,000 gold)
---
Rune Factory Frontier, will be playing this game for ever.
#3FatesAssasin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2010 1:31:53 PM
Thanks for telling me how to get it...but upgrading tools seem to require items that i can only get FROM the upgraded tools....so how do i get stuff that can only be gathered with something I need those gathered items to get?
#4RaenthPosted 7/5/2010 2:47:12 PM
IIRC, some enemies drop iron on whale island. Can't' remember for sure though.
#564starchildPosted 7/5/2010 9:25:18 PM
You can buy books from Selphy. On Tuesday, she has a clearance. All the other days she sells other books. She sells books on how to make accessories (crafting table), swords, 2-handed swords, spears, farm tools, and magic rods (forge).
---
Rune Factory Frontier, will be playing this game for ever.
#6absoldragonPosted 7/6/2010 8:55:57 AM
Be careful with lute though....he's not there on festivals....

WHICH PISSES ME OOOOFF!!!!

I juuust hit summer, an dwas gonna buy the forge expansion so I could get a better watering can for my 16 patched of veggies.........But the first of summer is a festival, AND fell on a holiday. No lute. No upgraded forge. ;_;

Now I need to wait ANOTHER week!!!
---
Pretty soon there's going to be enough sand and boxes around to replicate bondai beach after a nearby warehouse explosion ~ Yatzee (on Sandbox games)
#7KantonosoPosted 7/6/2010 9:10:37 AM
Lute is most certainly in towns on Festivals...

Lute's Usual Selling Schedule:

Normal Holidays (Sunny/Rainy)

6 AM: In front of the Sainte-Coquille manor (once Tabatha and Bianca arrive)
9 AM: Public square.

Festival days:

6 AM: In front of the Sainte-Coquille manor (once Tabatha and Bianca arrive)
9 AM: In front of the Infirmary. (He also comments on the festival in question if you select you want to talk)

I've also seen him painting at Lake Poli Thursdays, but he doesn't sell on weekdays. He also doesn't live in town so finding him on a non holiday is kind of an "oh wow" thing unless you know his schedule.
---
Soul currently owned by: Rune Factory Frontier.
Current Objective: Stop being so whipped... by a nun! 0_o
#8absoldragonPosted 7/6/2010 3:34:17 PM
.................dammit. He IS in town on festivals?

Well, now I REALLY feel stupid. I just finished that festival and SAVED the next morning.

So now I DO need to wait another 7 days!
---
Pretty soon there's going to be enough sand and boxes around to replicate bondai beach after a nearby warehouse explosion ~ Yatzee (on Sandbox games)
#9terrafyingPosted 7/6/2010 7:35:15 PM
At this point it probably doesn't matter but you don't need to have kross build a forge area to be able to buy the handy forge. It's needed for the next two.
#10terrafyingPosted 7/6/2010 7:38:19 PM
Oh and about the how to get iron problem, you break rocks in dungeons for ore like iron. These rocks are able to be broken with a cheap hammer