Oh well.. Gelwein (spoilers)

#1AnwonuPosted 10/31/2011 12:42:41 PM
So, how can I meet him?

I've already searched a bit about it, both here and in other sites. From what I got, I need to, at least, have Mist talk about the strange flower, and dream (twice, apparently), which I did.

I already have Snow Ruins opened and Iris met, obviously. They've talked about the gate as well.

Right now, I can think of 3 possibilities:
-Reach the locked gate on 3rd floor in Snow Ruins
-Talk more with Iris
-Something I missed completely when I was searching about it, or no one mentioned about it.
I'm going to try the 1st option, but I can't really do that easily, since I'm 1/2HKOed in Snow Ruins, and B2F is annoying.

Thanks =p
---
Nothing for now.
#2JosephOrimPosted 10/31/2011 3:00:32 PM
If you have not already done so, try getting Iris' friendship/love levels up a bit.
And if you look at the FAQ by holyplankton_V2 it says you need at least one full level of friendship with her for Gelwein to open the gate, but I didn't check when it happened on my game.

She likes flowers and tomato juice, fyi.
#3JosephOrimPosted 10/31/2011 3:05:02 PM
Sorry for double post, but I just thought about something else...

If you have already seen him on Whale Island, then wait a few days after you reached the gate in the snow ruins and a way should open up for you involving Marco and Candy near the church.
#4Anwonu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2011 4:34:10 PM
Yeah, I've already beaten the game at least 2 times. But I still don't know some triggers for some events, and this is one of them.

Someone said in another site that he could meet Gelwein before Iris had even 1 FP. Of course, he could be wrong, but I do believe her FP/LP isn't related.

Anyway, I'll try getting to 3rd floor, and wait for Summer to give juices to Iris later. My main objective here is marry her anyway. I just wanted to beat the game faster so I could meet her (well, them) easier.
---
Nothing for now.
#5JosephOrimPosted 10/31/2011 5:29:47 PM
Ah, well I hope you can figure out how to trigger it without too much hassle. Good luck!
#6KeltsetPosted 11/1/2011 2:00:13 PM
I thought we had actually figured out that it was based on FP/LP. As someone mentioned, FP should be above 2 before she mentions it. Besides, if you've done everything else except raise her FP/LP, then by process of elimination...

There are some other undeclared factors but I don't remember off-hand.
#7Anwonu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 6:15:55 PM
OK. by the time I was writing this message, I found him. I didn't think I'd be able to, because I did go inside the cave and back, and nothing about him. But now that I went down and back up (well, I went back home and saved, but I guess that doesn't really matter =p), he appeared.

Apparently, it's really related to FP. I just got 1FP with her today. Thanks for the help =)
---
Nothing for now.