Excellent Performance Tweak I just found.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis Warhead
  3. Excellent Performance Tweak I just found.

User Info: Lucian04

Lucian04
8 years ago#1
Alright, this may come as a surprise, but Crysis Warhead is set to use 256mb of Vram!!!!!! WTF was Crytek thinking!? I noticed this while I was doing performance checks and while my system ram usage and cpu usage was fine, I noticed my GPU being under utilized. So I went to tweakguides.com and looked through the various cvars trying to find anything noteworthy in regards to gpu's.

con_restricted=0
sys_budget_videomem = 512
r_TexturesStreaming=0

I made an autoexec.cfg with that and now I can run at 1440x900 and get as high as 60fps and never, ever go below 30fps on all gamer settings. Micro-stuttering (stuttering when turning) is virtually gone and the game is just running smooth as butter :D

Also, r_TexturesStreaming=0 removes that annoying texture streaming issue so all textures are displayed all the time and it makes the game look quite a bit better too boot since it's not rendering texture lod at various distances anymore. You'll notice the biggest difference in far away mountains, hills and other objects..

Antec 900 Case :: Opteron 165 @ 2.43ghz :: 2048mb Kingston Value DDR400 :: 512mb VisionTek HD 4850 @ 690/1184 :: X-FI Xtreme Music :: XP w/ SP3 and Vista w/ SP1

User Info: lildonincan288

lildonincan288
8 years ago#2
what are ur PC specs and where do i put that info in thanks
deanstash KING OF GAMES LOL

Lucian04
8 years ago#3
My specifications are in my sig. You needed to create an autoexec.cfg in notepad, enter those settings into the autoexec.cfg and then save it in your game directory.

Electronic Arts > Crytek > Crysis Warhead > Game
Antec 900 Case :: Opteron 165 @ 2.43ghz :: 2048mb Kingston Value DDR400 :: 512mb VisionTek HD 4850 @ 690/1184 :: X-FI Xtreme Music :: XP w/ SP3 and Vista w/ SP1

lildonincan288
8 years ago#4
i dont find that file?

User Info: Mupod Negnirt

Mupod Negnirt
8 years ago#5
It gave me a pretty serious boost too.

Lucian04
8 years ago#6
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: tretspeed

tretspeed
8 years ago#7
I'm about to test it now and see what happens
| nForce 650i Ultra | Core 2 Duo E6300 | nVidia Geforce 8800GT | Crucial 2x1 GB @ 667Mhz |

lildonincan288
8 years ago#8
dude am not all crazy with all the making this making that i can admit am a noob doing stuff like that just help jesus

User Info: vetren_999

vetren_999
8 years ago#9
I'm wondering how to make one to
I Am Legend, You are Beowulf, We are Marshall, and this is Sparta.

lildonincan288
8 years ago#10
^^^ see am not the only one or he just kidding around
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis Warhead
  3. Excellent Performance Tweak I just found.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived