Additional Content

#21Lishall(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2008 2:56:13 PM
Not that I know of. Story-wise, nothing was different from the PS1 version. It was entirely the same game, just a different battle system and the addition of maps and all.
#22LioconvoyPosted 9/28/2008 3:06:01 PM
Well there were some minor differences from the PSX version, like Disgaea being mentioned on one of the store walls. Also instead of the gallery there's the Observation section. Oh yeah, and the Grandpa doesn't repair puppets.

---
Digimon FC: 201974488426
Digimon Dawn FC: 262104570833
#23RyosagiPosted 9/28/2008 3:21:23 PM
Thanks for the info!

Gamespot's review seems to mention the new scenario like everyone else(beating the game) and Lioconvoy confirmed the observation feature. How about the encore of seeing the songs again?

For the scenario, I want to believe its a trigger in the main game like in other RPGs that does things of the sort, but if its a glitch then this is a major bug. We already have that black screen of doom in another topic.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0516-3773-5962
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!
#24Tio AutomataPosted 9/28/2008 3:29:20 PM
Another change is that the chests with Illustrations and Sound Bites (ATLUS USA!) from the PSone versions were all changed to chests with regular items as far as I saw.
---
"I just can't find any good Tony Danza pics to get off to yet!" -Rvddude
#25LioconvoyPosted 9/28/2008 3:29:55 PM
Oh yeah the Encore feature is there too.

---
Digimon FC: 201974488426
Digimon Dawn FC: 262104570833
#26Lishall(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2008 3:32:02 PM
Well, yeah, all the basic features are there. Encore, Observation, battle changes, maps, etc. What we're mainly concerned about are the stories from Tenshi no Present that seem to be missing. Still no word from NISA.
#27RyosagiPosted 9/28/2008 3:51:20 PM
That's good to know about the other stuff! NISA did say stuff about extra songs, so I can't see them taking the stories out or else why go with the Japanese songs to be consistent of something that's not there?
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0516-3773-5962
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!
#28DraykorPosted 9/28/2008 4:04:16 PM
I'm starting to wonder if this was removed. It's not mentioned in the game's manual at all(I kind of figured it would be), and Ramza was not made aware of it for his review on rpgfan, and rpgamer's review makes no mention of it. Both Gamespot and IGN make mention of it, but I'm curious if they even finished the game. -_- I dunno...just a little strange. Thoughts? I could be completely off, but it seems to me it isn't in the release judging from the differing opinions.
#29Hours_LeftPosted 9/28/2008 5:08:07 PM
It's advertised on the official English web site and the president of NISA mentioned the new songs that appear in the new scenarios in recent interviews so I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be there.

Either there is some unknown trigger in the game that unlocks the extra stuff or it's glitched. I've going to stop playing my file until this is resolved.

I really hope it's not glitched, but if it is, I hope NISA offers some exchange/recall program. The extra scenarios are the thing I'm most looking forward to in this game.

---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS), Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (DS)
#30DraykorPosted 9/28/2008 5:16:51 PM
Sorry, was just a thought. That would be bad. :( It was one of the reasons I picked this up.