Additional Content

#31AngelPeachPosted 9/28/2008 6:24:58 PM
I've played the Japanese version, so I can explain a bit.

Other than the added scenario with Cornet trying to find the mother of the mushroom girl, there are actually some extra scenes which adds even more to the story. I enjoyed them, even though I couldn't even read them.

Then the Cherie story. As I mentioned before, the option would appear under the load option. It's not as long as the main story, but I still enjoyed it.

However, there was something I noticed. I have read the translated script for Tenshi no Present, and I noticed that even though the two scenarios were added, something was missing from them as well.
#32Lishall(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2008 6:32:33 PM
Other than what was already covered, I didn't see anything new in the game. It was basically entirely the same as the original PSX version, and no option is available to me under load (it's just New, Load, Encore, and Observation). So we're definitely missing something. :\
#33DraykorPosted 9/28/2008 6:36:00 PM
Not liking where this is heading. :(
#34RyosagiPosted 9/28/2008 7:31:24 PM
I really hope they respond to this, as NISA was very good to fans and the likes. They explained the Disgaea thing, then again their interview said that all voices would be in which was not the case. If they took this out, they have really lied alot about this game. Which kind of hurts, especially explaining about leaving the Japanese VA for these specific new scenes, unless the new songs happen in the main game?
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0516-3773-5962
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!
#35Hours_LeftPosted 9/28/2008 8:12:29 PM
I really doubt it was intentionally removed. I don't mean to constantly repeat myself, but again, it is on their web site and has been mentioned in interviews and reviews.

The best course of action is just wait and see what they say. I wasn't expecting much to happen today since it's the weekend, hopefully we'll get somewhere tomorrow.

---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS), Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (DS)
#36RyosagiPosted 9/28/2008 8:52:19 PM
There were some reviews and an interview saying Disgaea DS will have all VA, but that was false. I'll wait of course for more info, but I'm afraid they may flip flop like with Disgaea DS.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0516-3773-5962
I like to use exclamation points!! My favorite punctuation and it just shows emotion!!
#37Hours_LeftPosted 9/28/2008 10:08:33 PM
Not to downplay voice acting, it's a great feature but removing actual story content and game play is a lot more severe.

That would be a pretty massive betrayal and I don't think NISA would do that. At least I would hope they wouldn't.

---
Currently Playing: Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS), Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (DS)
#38whoPosted 9/28/2008 10:15:53 PM
The only reason I forgave the lack of English voice acting in Rhapsody was because of the additional content. I honestly would have preferred them to not give us the additional content if it meant us having the English songs again but I know that most people aren't like me and never bought Angel's Present... but not having either one of them? That's just too much. I did all I could to support the game and get people interested but I can't recommend this...
---
RI...I'm *** and I love Pineapples ~ Spikedhelm
#39Hours_LeftPosted 9/28/2008 10:32:29 PM
Well, we still don't know what the deal is with the additional content yet so I wouldn't get carried away.

If it was intentionally removed, I will be extremely disappointed but that still doesn't seem very likely to me. There has to be another explanation.

---
#40whoPosted 9/28/2008 10:36:44 PM
Yeah, I spoke that too soon. I want to hear what NISA have to say. Even if it is a glitch, that is one rather big oversight.
---
RI...I'm *** and I love Pineapples ~ Spikedhelm