If apple comes out with a 7" tablet. .

#1TeremeiPosted 7/7/2012 10:37:30 PM
predict the price/features. I am tempted by the google 7" by asus but I am just so used to the app store. I am interested mostly for gaming and there are just so many games on the istore that aren't on others. So I'm curious what you think. Right now the google tab is much more powerful, bigger and for the same size 8gb $200 16gb $250 as the year and a half old ipod touch.

So if apple comes out with a 7" either they have to change their pricing of the touch or not compete money wise with the new lower price 7" market. I say. .

It will be between 720p and 1080p. 8gb $300 16gb $350 32gb $400. It will be powerful and more like a "mini" ipad 3 than it would be a "bigger" ipod touch. What do you think? I personally think that's way to high but you can see I'm not very optomistic apple is gonna want to or feel the need to drastically lower their pricing.
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +
#2KeyeszxPosted 7/7/2012 10:48:22 PM
Why do people want a smaller tablet? I don't understand. It's not like it's that big. Hell, it's smaller than all laptops, most of the ones I've seen. If you want it for games that's just stupid. Smaller screen on a touchscreen for games is just giving yourself less space to see what you're playing and less precision on controls.

I hope to god they don't' make a smaller one.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#3ChargrilledPosted 7/7/2012 10:53:43 PM
I dont like 7in tabs. Ive got an iconia a100 and its too cramped
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#4Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2012 11:00:13 PM
Keyeszx posted...
Why do people want a smaller tablet? I don't understand. It's not like it's that big. Hell, it's smaller than all laptops, most of the ones I've seen. If you want it for games that's just stupid. Smaller screen on a touchscreen for games is just giving yourself less space to see what you're playing and less precision on controls.

I hope to god they don't' make a smaller one.

Why? Because I don't think $600 is worth it for a few really good kairosoft games? And 2 hours of battery on a touch isn't good enough? God damn what a selfish ignorant attitude.

Please tell me Mr. happy here isn't a representation of apple users.
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +
#5KeyeszxPosted 7/7/2012 11:52:42 PM
2 hours? I'm pretty positive my ipad lasts a lot longer than two hours. Like the guy said it's too cramped on a smaller screen. Hell I don't play games on my iphone unless they're iphone only or single touch, like Ninjump, on my iphone because it's too small. If all you want is kairosoft games get an iphone 3gs. The bigger screen won't benefit, the graphics are those of retro games so it's not like bigger is better in this case.

I don't know why you're calling me selfish and ignorant. I'm saying it would be pointless to make a in between tablet. If you can't pony up the cash that's your problem but don't go calling people selfish because there is no real reason to make a smaller tablet.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#6force_edgePosted 7/8/2012 4:31:26 AM
Keyeszx posted...
2 hours? I'm pretty positive my ipad lasts a lot longer than two hours. Like the guy said it's too cramped on a smaller screen. Hell I don't play games on my iphone unless they're iphone only or single touch, like Ninjump, on my iphone because it's too small. If all you want is kairosoft games get an iphone 3gs. The bigger screen won't benefit, the graphics are those of retro games so it's not like bigger is better in this case.

I don't know why you're calling me selfish and ignorant. I'm saying it would be pointless to make a in between tablet. If you can't pony up the cash that's your problem but don't go calling people selfish because there is no real reason to make a smaller tablet.

He's calling you selfish because you're thinking that your dislike for smaller tablets should be enough reason for nobody else to have one.

I'm not for or against tablets of any sizes. I immensely prefer the ultrabook I'm currently typing on. But I do personally know someone working for one of Apple's component manufacturers in a senior position, and I can tell you that the mini iPad, or whatever they're going to call it, is pretty much a guaranteed unless Apple suddenly wants to throw away all the parts they've worked on for it.
---
GameFAQs, where opinions get moderated as "Flaming" just because some moderator felt hurt by it.
#7daviddPosted 7/8/2012 5:54:00 AM
7.85" 1024x768 seems likely to me, with similar specs to an iPad 2. I'm sure Apple could get an 8GB model to market for $200 or $250.

As for why someone might like a smaller tablet, the iPad's not really practical to use one handed for reading and such. One can also throw a smaller tablet in their jacket pocket and carry it around with them more often.

As someone that owns an retina iPad and ordered the Nexus 7, the larger screen's better suited to work, a smaller device is nicer for media consumption or web browsing.
---
-davidd
#8TLR_Posted 7/8/2012 6:53:54 AM
Keyeszx posted...

Personal preference.

I've owned many tablets of the 7in and 9.7-10.1in range. While I prefer larger tablets for media, I can see why there's merit in having tablets below 9in in size.
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#9jammiesPosted 7/8/2012 7:00:32 AM
I bought a Kindle Fire because it was cheap, and I felt like having a tablet. If Apple had a similarly sized/priced competitor, I would have bought it. I would have chosen the Apple because of the ridiculous amount of iOS apps I already have.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#10_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 7/8/2012 7:44:01 AM
Keyeszx posted...

The butthurt is strong with this one. People like 7in tabs because they are small and light enough to hold in one hand for things like reading, or in this case gaming, for long periods of time. The ipad is pretty heavy when holding it for long periods of time. Open your eyes and see that just because you do not like them does not mean everyone like them.