Xbox 360 controller...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 09
  3. Xbox 360 controller...
7 years ago#1

Has anyone been successful using an xbox 360 controller with this game? I've tried & i cannot pass or shoot, but the goalie likes to skate to the bench...why they assigned a controller button to pull the goalie is beyond me! I was going to try xpadder to assign keyboard buttons, however, the keyboard is missing some controls.

7 years ago#2
i have a ps3 controller and no success...it's a lot easier to play with the keyboard
7 years ago#3
That's strange, i plugged my controller in before starting up the game and it works perfect, didn't even have to configure it.

---
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people... who insist on calling you a "nub" instead of a "noob"
7 years ago#4

Nolax posted...
That's strange, i plugged my controller in before starting up the game and it works perfect, didn't even have to configure it.

---
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people... who insist on calling you a "nub" instead of a "noob"

Really, you have an Xbox 360 controller for PC that works perfectly with NHL 09? When I play with my 360 controller it pulls the goalie every 5 seconds no matter which button are assigned to what.

7 years ago#5
hah everybody is complaing about "pulls the goalie every 5 seconds" problem
i don't have that problem but my right analog button doesn't work
I can't shoot
do you guys have the same problem or is it my controller?
7 years ago#6
Just encountered first problem, tried playing two player, first controller works perfect, second one didn't.

Solution - go to control settings and change to rookie controls.
---
7 years ago#7
I have a PS2 control hooked to my PC. Maybe someone who doesn't use a PS2 controller could answer this. Does the game controls seem a little unresponsive? I hold my left stick directly left, pass, the pass goes to the player and during the pass I hit shoot for a one timer, all while holding the left stick all the way to the left, but the guy shoots for the top middle of the net 9 times out of 10. It's hard enough to score goals at times, and when I get wide open nets and my guys shoot at the top middle instead of the side it kinda pisses me off.
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 09
  3. Xbox 360 controller...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived