Xbox 360 controller...

#1MaslowoPosted 11/8/2008 7:37:04 AM

Has anyone been successful using an xbox 360 controller with this game? I've tried & i cannot pass or shoot, but the goalie likes to skate to the bench...why they assigned a controller button to pull the goalie is beyond me! I was going to try xpadder to assign keyboard buttons, however, the keyboard is missing some controls.

#2MAFIOSO_13Posted 11/14/2008 4:03:40 PM
i have a ps3 controller and no success...it's a lot easier to play with the keyboard
#3NolaxPosted 11/15/2008 3:51:25 AM
That's strange, i plugged my controller in before starting up the game and it works perfect, didn't even have to configure it.

---
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people... who insist on calling you a "nub" instead of a "noob"
#4Maslowo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2008 7:16:02 PM

Nolax posted...
That's strange, i plugged my controller in before starting up the game and it works perfect, didn't even have to configure it.

---
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people... who insist on calling you a "nub" instead of a "noob"

Really, you have an Xbox 360 controller for PC that works perfectly with NHL 09? When I play with my 360 controller it pulls the goalie every 5 seconds no matter which button are assigned to what.

#5MAFIOSO_13Posted 11/17/2008 2:57:19 AM
hah everybody is complaing about "pulls the goalie every 5 seconds" problem
i don't have that problem but my right analog button doesn't work
I can't shoot
do you guys have the same problem or is it my controller?
#6NolaxPosted 11/17/2008 8:55:03 AM
Just encountered first problem, tried playing two player, first controller works perfect, second one didn't.

Solution - go to control settings and change to rookie controls.
---
#7ViraugePosted 12/1/2008 12:22:17 AM
I have a PS2 control hooked to my PC. Maybe someone who doesn't use a PS2 controller could answer this. Does the game controls seem a little unresponsive? I hold my left stick directly left, pass, the pass goes to the player and during the pass I hit shoot for a one timer, all while holding the left stick all the way to the left, but the guy shoots for the top middle of the net 9 times out of 10. It's hard enough to score goals at times, and when I get wide open nets and my guys shoot at the top middle instead of the side it kinda pisses me off.