How do I get a Monster Jewel for a boss encounter?

#1Mey_Erboy36Posted 1/4/2012 11:41:33 AM
I was hoping to unlock the Tamiel monster jewel to give to Sarah. This is my first play through and I am trying to beef my characters up before I continue through Nox Obscurous. Just wondering if there is a way to get 100% monster data on the bosses on one playthrough. Thanks.
---
'Nuff Said
#2Zombie_MayorPosted 1/4/2012 3:47:45 PM
The system data works differently than save data, each time you save it records any updated monster data and uses the updated data for any save file associated with the system data. So just make two save files just before tamiel, then save on the second slot after beating Tamiel. Then reload the first save file, kill him again, save on 2, rinse and repeat until you have 100% data.
#3Mey_Erboy36(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2012 1:07:35 PM
Ah snap. Wish I had known that before hand.
---
'Nuff Said
#4Zombie_MayorPosted 1/5/2012 8:47:11 PM
From what I've heard, none of the monster gems are tht good anyways. (Except for the ashlay jewel, arch spellmaster jewel, and kokabiel spawn jewel) So I wouldn't worry aboot it too much. :P
#5Mey_Erboy36(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2012 10:17:36 PM
I actually liked the Succubus Jewel (+5% ATK and +6% DEF). I farmed for it and used it on Arumat, Reimi, and Mercale. I just wanted a jewel for Sarah, but just settled for the Kobaiel Spawn Jewel.
---
'Nuff Said
#6Zombie_MayorPosted 1/6/2012 8:51:55 AM
Yeah that's not too bad of a gem. The increase though, at that point in the game is fairly marginal. And by the time you get to Nox you're able to synth better increases to weapons/armor anyway. But since most accesories for that slot are more situational (Anti-paralysis for enemies that paralyze, null-damage from ___ 20% of the time, etc.) It's not too bad of a choice overall. :)
#7neoflashPosted 1/13/2012 6:46:18 AM
Actually, before I found out about the Ashley jewel I used the Big-Foot Sam monster jewel. Increased Critical hit percentage and stun resist are great for your melee characters.
#8Zombie_MayorPosted 1/19/2012 3:12:34 PM
Especially for Bacchus, that'd give him access to criticals outside of rush mode. At a much less frequent rate than any one else of course, but it's still better than nothing.