Couple questions spoiler

#177svilPosted 3/19/2013 8:59:04 AM
Right now I am at the end of the game(final boss) after I beat the game I go to post game? does anything happen after beating post game like new game +? And are their achievements for beating chaos and universe? and will I have to start at lvl 1 for chao and universe?
#2DXMGPosted 3/19/2013 10:54:46 AM
Right now I am at the end of the game(final boss) after I beat the game I go to post game? does anything happen after beating post game like new game +? And are their achievements for beating chaos and universe? and will I have to start at lvl 1 for chao and universe?

Yep. After the endings/credits, when you load your last save before Apostle/Satanail, you will be able to open the left door and fight the Undying Dragon (which is pretty easy) and get the Darkness Ring, which will get you started on all the post game stuff.

There is no New Game+, but collection data can be carried over. The main benefits of this are not having to get BTs again, and being able to make Monster Jewels out of anything you have 100% on. So you could have Ashlay or Spriggan jewels early, which will help a lot.

Yep, there are separate Achievements for beating Universe and Chaos modes.

You will start at level 1 in a new game in all modes.
---
Medic!
#377svil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:47:48 PM
thanks was wondering about that guess I will do faize BT on universe
#4jelashPosted 3/20/2013 4:27:25 PM
If I skip all cutscenes and decide NOT to do any side quests, how much hours will I need to beat the game?

I still have to beat my current game. Only 9 items in IC left... but I'm lazy to farm Magical Clays and so not motivated to beat E. Queen 4 more times... blah...
---
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)
#5commanderadamaPosted 3/21/2013 1:12:38 PM
hey jealsh

if youre talking about suspending your current game for a speedy playthru of the next level of difficulty, theres a few things to that may effect the length fo time.

basically, the game can be sped thru in about 10 hours but youll find you need to open like any chest you come across, or harvesting point for the SP and EXP , as well a decent amount of grinding becuase of the difficulty spike. so... its not really the cut scenes that are your enemy.

and frankly,... dont risk accidentally deleting your IC file!
get er done!

and might i suggest 100% your favorite monster jewels before you proceed?
my fav are succubus (NOT easy to 100%) & cursed horror (easy to 100%)
#6commanderadamaPosted 3/21/2013 1:23:13 PM
and 77svil,

youre going to play thru this game at least 4 times...

the post game is tied into weapon data, monster data.., which ties into drops for item creation, along with certain quests...you def dont wanna do all quests and shop orders on the same playthru as item creation. so.. you dont wanna bother with postgame too much until youre ready... anyways, point is, (and i wish i knew this) you may want to move on to your next playthru before you realize youve spent a week in post game for really kinda nothing..
cept fun! of course!!
#777svil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 5:42:19 AM
right now I am at 120+ hours lol and doing the battle trophys across characters in post game. Actually I was going to do all quests, item creation, weapon data, ship data(finished) and some of the monster collection (bosses). At end of cave of seven stars.
#877svil(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:49:55 AM
"and might i suggest 100% your favorite monster jewels before you proceed?
my fav are succubus (NOT easy to 100%) & cursed horror (easy to 100%)"

I actually have the first 90 on the monster collection up to 100% then came to forum to check out achievements and learned you only have to fight 1 of each to get achievement lmao I will probably get all bosses after 100 up to 100% now don't know if any of the regular monsters above 90 are worth getting.
#9commanderadamaPosted 3/22/2013 10:21:08 AM
lol dude that SUX

im on my 4th play and starting to 100% most of them. believe me... youve got a lotta play time left!

so whats your next plan going to be? what achievos?
#10RoratasticPosted 3/22/2013 3:13:15 PM
I actually have the first 90 on the monster collection up to 100% then came to forum to check out achievements and learned you only have to fight 1 of each to get achievement

Oh man, I am so sorry. I thought that was the case too, the wording on that Achievement is VERY misleading. Several of the Battle Trophies are misleading, too. :/

MOST monsters aren't worth getting to 100%, but a handful of them are. Ashlay is definitely worth getting to 100%, but he's an optional boss and I almost had him to 100% just trying to get Edge's 2 BTs for beating him.
Cursed Horror (I think it was that one?) I've used, and Spriggan is worth it too.

Out of curiosity, how many Battle Trophies do you have now? c:
---
Currently Playing: Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
Eagerly awaiting Tales of Xillia! <3