Cant craft items? Neither can I!!!

#1ArchTempestPosted 12/12/2008 1:27:42 AM
SO I have all the required reagents. Im standing by the magicians table. I have craft magical arms and armor feat. WHY CAN"T I MAKE THE ITEM?

Is there some trick? All I want to do is add acid damage to my katana for crying out loud....
---
I think, therefore I am. Therefore I must endure. Therefore I must take appropriate action to survive.
#2EshuElegbaPosted 12/12/2008 1:31:21 AM
There is a level limit and it usually costs some gold. If you are lacking either of these you wont craft anything.

You can have only three properties on an item. So if you try to add a 4th then it wont happen( mithral and adamantine grant properties so they take up slots )

Is there an error message? Becuse the problem is quite obscure as it is now. Sorry
#3Witch ElfPosted 12/12/2008 1:41:01 AM
Does someone in your party have the appropriate spell memorized?
---
I wish for this night-time to last for a life-time
#4EshuElegbaPosted 12/12/2008 3:02:50 AM
I don't think weapon enchantments need spells. Wondrous items would... but to make the weapon corrosive as the original poster stated needs no spell as far as I know.
#5Witch ElfPosted 12/12/2008 10:57:30 AM
You need 4000 gold and caster level six. Also, keep in mind that you can only have, at most, three enchantments on your weapons. Mithral and adamantine materials take up an enchantment slot as well.

Taken from Thieves-Guild:

To add an enchantment to an item, select the Enchantment recipe books in your inventory, and open it. Select the recipe you wish to use and right click to open it. Examine the recipe to make sure you have the appropriate ingredients. Note the enchantment recipes for weapons and armor do NOT require spells. If all of the requirements are met, simply LEFT CLICK on the appropriate enchantment. Then target the item in your inventory that you wish to enchant, apply the enchantment and presto, the item gains the property.

In addition to the appropriate ingredients, there is also a gp cost associated with enchanting items which can range from 500 to 9000 gp. This process requires the Create Magical Arms and Armor feat. Recipes for enchantments will also have Caster level requirements.

---
I wish for this night-time to last for a life-time