How to Enable Port Forwarding on your Belkin Router. *Request Sticky*

#1Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 7/4/2009 8:14:57 PM
This is for all the newbs out there who're having trouble getting into online matches in The Conduit.

If you're experiencing difficultly connecting with other players, get stuck on the "Authenticating..." screen until your connection times out, and you're using a Belkin Wireless Router, than this is for you.

You may've heard of a remedy called Port Forwarding already, but have no idea how to do it.

Have no fear, I'm about to walk you through the simple process Step by Step...

1.) Turn on your Wii and click the Wii Options button in the bottom left corner of the screen, next click on Wii Settings, scroll over to page 2 and click Internet.

2.) Click on the tab for your existing connection with your Belkin Router and then click Change Settings.

3.) On the page displaying your SSID scroll over twice to get to the IP Screen, change the setting from Auto Obtain IP to No, and click on Advanced Settings.

4.) From there enter the following...

IP: 192.168.002.001 (The last number *001* is variable, so you can make it whatever 3 numbers you want)

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default IP/Gateway: 192.168.2.1

Now click Confirm at the bottom of the Screen, but don't hit save.

5.) Scroll over again to the next page, click Advanced Settings and enter the following...

Primary DNS: 192.168.2.1

Alternate DNS: 192.168.2.1

Once you're done, click Confirm, but again don't hit save.

6.) Scroll over again and change the MTU Value from 0 to 1500

7.) Hit Confim, then Save Changes, it will prompt you to do a Connection Test, so go ahead. Your connection should be established just fine.

8.) Insert your Startup Disc into the computer that the Router is connected to and run the software.

9.) Once the Software is up, click on Manual Settings, (Internet Explorer may not want to open the program, but tell it to anyway) next click sign in, and enter your password, (if you don't have a password set up, just click Submit)

10.) Next on the sidebar to your left, click on DMZ below Firewall, once you're there, click Enable DMZ and input the last 3 digit(s) of your Wii's Static IP Address that you assigned in step 4, and click Save Changes.

Your Wii should now be able to get online in The Conduit quickly and without any problems.

Credit for this guide goes to Blaeu.

**You can request a Topic Sticky by clicking on Message Detail below my name, then scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Request Topic Sticky**
---
GameFAQs is like a time machine...
back to 1930's Germany...under Fascist control
-bleachwad
#2Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2009 6:22:25 AM
*bump*
---
-bleachwad
#3bigray12Posted 7/5/2009 9:06:28 AM
awesome. I'll need to do this when I get home from work. Sticky requested.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 3351-3975-4371
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0689 1366 7229
#4Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2009 7:18:09 AM
Glad it's helping someone.
---
-bleachwad
#5bengalsrz4Posted 7/6/2009 7:24:43 AM
So it worked for you? I'm glad :)
---
SSBB FC: 4468-2591-3299 || Name: BRZ Marth Main
Conduit FC: 4168-2265-5279 || Name: BengalRZ S&D Leader
#6bigray12Posted 7/6/2009 12:44:41 PM
I got through to step 6 and when I did a connection test it immediatly came up with an error saying the connection settings were wrong. I've checked it several times and repeated the process but it's still giving me the same error....
---
Brawl Friend Code: 3351-3975-4371
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0689 1366 7229
#7Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2009 1:09:52 PM
I got through to step 6 and when I did a connection test it immediatly came up with an error saying the connection settings were wrong. I've checked it several times and repeated the process but it's still giving me the same error....

Hmm... That's odd... I posted the exact settings Blaeu told me, and they worked on my Wii.

Here, I'll copypasta what Blaeu told me...

Okay, to clarify, your settings are like this?

Auto-Obtain IP Address: No

IP Address: 192.168.002.111 (or whatever)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.000
Default Router: 192.168.002.001

Auto-Obtain DNS: No (cannot select Yes)

Primary DNS: 192.168.002.001
Secondary DNS: 192.168.002.001

Proxy Settings: Don't Use (unless you actually do)

MTU Value: 1500 (default)

If you use WEP or WPA make sure you have entered the correct key.

Assuming your default gateway is actually 192.168.2.1 this should work. It should always be accepted by the Wii even if it fails a connection test.

If you're using a Secured Connection, make sure that you've input the Security Key properly.

When Blaeu told me how to do it, he said that 1500 was Wii's Default, but mine was at 0, so I didn't try to change it at first assuming it was already at 1500, and got Error Code 50300 or something like that...

Try fooling around with the MTU Value, maybe it's different for all Wii's.

Hope this helps...
---
-bleachwad
#8F5inPosted 7/6/2009 1:42:56 PM
Stop trying to get stickies. Even if you come up with the most helpful topic in the world, it won't be stickied unless an EXTREME amount of people want it stickied or a lot of people want it sticked and it pertains to the game.
---
.:F5in:. The Fatal Five
Laughing is contagious.
#9Blk_Mage_Ctype(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2009 1:47:03 PM
Um... All I'm trying to do now is help out this guy out.

Furthermore, I don't want stickies for prestige or anything, I'm just trying to help people.

But judging by your rude response, you could never understand such a concept seeing as it's completely selfless.
---
-bleachwad
#10F5inPosted 7/6/2009 1:52:08 PM
How s my response rude? I'm just stating the facts seeing as you've already tried to get 2 or 3 topics stickied before this one. A hackers list is useful? I'm pretty sure people can tell if someone is hacking right when they find them. That, and there are a LOT of hackers who could probably easily create a new profile (change name) and either hack xp or use regular hacks to reach the maximum rank fast.
---
.:F5in:. The Fatal Five
Laughing is contagious.