best car to upgrade

#1chelseaman123Posted 2/22/2011 4:39:02 AM

buy a chevy camaro (old version) and upgrade to the max. speed will be upgraded from 4.3 to 9.5!:D

#2JuggaloRandallPosted 2/22/2011 5:29:16 AM
The RX-7 FD is nothing to sneeze at either. 900+ drift cars are hella fun.
#3blackhrtPosted 2/26/2011 10:06:38 PM
wheres the car to upgrade that gets 10.0 on the handling?
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time."
#4dark_minunPosted 2/26/2011 10:19:35 PM
TC - which Camaro? There's 5 different model generations available in this game last I checked, I believe the IROC has the highest top speed of them all with 9.6 or so on the in-game stats. I've tuned that car for Sunset Speedway in B class and our very own Darknick managed to take my tune to #44 on the leaderboards on Sunset Speedway B class - a very competitive leaderboard and he was the only one in the running to run a RWD car.

However, for nearly every other type of racing, that car with 900+ horsepower is absolutely useless.

blackhrt - I'm pretty sure no car can actually get 10.0 in handling in this game, same goes for braking. The closest you'll get is an LMP car, anything in R1 basically. However, since the amount of handling you need varies based on how fast you're going, a car with a 6.0 handling and 3.0 acceleration rating feels like it handles amazingly well, simply because it's not going fast enough for you to reach the limitations of 6.0 handling.
---
Girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money!
#5blackhrtPosted 2/26/2011 10:39:54 PM
yeah, I've realized that through my playthroughs. What I meant was how a race car (Saleen S7R for example) acts like a john force drag car even after tuning. The wheelspin will not disappear. And when I use that exact same car in Forza 1, it doesn't do that. If a car has 8.0 handling, it shouldnt fly off the road, regardless of hp.
---
#6dark_minunPosted 2/26/2011 10:49:36 PM
Actually, you're wrong on that point. No matter how well a car handles, it will spin out if it's driven poorly and it has that amount of power. You need to learn throttle control.
---
#7blackhrtPosted 2/26/2011 11:10:41 PM
what throttle control. I barely press the R trigger during my tuning troubleshooting and its tires still smoke. half throttle out of a apex makes you the loser in a race. The good news is that I fixed the launch issues for the car (my pseudo 2nd gear). I know the whole different cars act differently but Mid engine cars & 4WD cars are supposed to have good suspension/driving edge.
---
#8dark_minunPosted 2/26/2011 11:14:27 PM
You're giving it too much gas. If you can't drive every car in the game with no tuning and no spin-outs, then you need to either learn throttle control or go back to TCS. Don't blame the car when the driver is at fault. Don't blame the game when the player is at fault.
---
#9blackhrtPosted 2/26/2011 11:34:17 PM
Well not every car (im not that bad at tuning!). the majority group is the race cars. Bottom line is I don't really want to use the small group of cars that have these issues but I have to use them to complete races in the event list. I even went so far as to take a tuning from a working race car, and put it on the not so good working car and the symptoms only go away a little. Its a dilemma.

P.S. for those that may think "put the difficulty on easy, problem solved". My difficulty stays on 95%.
---