Why does a race transmission make my car worse?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 3
  3. Why does a race transmission make my car worse?
6 years ago#1
Sport transmission launch: 9.2

Race transmission launch: 7.3

How is having a better transmission making my car worse like that?

---
get your paper up and not focus on another's grammer on a game site, its all bout money and you ant making any posted on here.-TheGreatAmazo
6 years ago#2
Race transmission is fully customisable, go into the tuning section and fiddle with the gear ratio's etc. It amazes me how many people don't know this :S
6 years ago#3
I did know this.

So um... buying a new transmission messes with your gear ratios? I would assume it would keep them the same. Weird.

---
get your paper up and not focus on another's grammer on a game site, its all bout money and you ant making any posted on here.-TheGreatAmazo
6 years ago#4
Even if i adjust the gears for acceleration it does not change the launch number.

So I guess WHY does the game take away 1.9 from launch when putting that in?

---
6 years ago#5
You think it's weird that buying a new tranny would mess with your gear ratios?! I find THAT weird.
6 years ago#6
1. I meant with the final drive ratio

2. Still doesn't explain why the game considers a better transmission a detriment.

---
6 years ago#7
The race tranny is meant for people that know what their doing. For people that know how to get the optimum performance outta the car, if your gonna complain about something you have no clue about just buy all the upgrades like all the rest of the unskilled kids out there and lose, it's ok with me and the rest of the hardcore tuner environment! really it is.

The race transmission is meant for tuner's and to make setups for different tracks for better acceleration or better high speeds depending on the technicality of the course! Leave it alone and dont buy it if you dont know what your doing.
6 years ago#8
godscouchpotato posted...
The race tranny is meant for people that know what their doing. For people that know how to get the optimum performance outta the car, if your gonna complain about something you have no clue about just buy all the upgrades like all the rest of the unskilled kids out there and lose, it's ok with me and the rest of the hardcore tuner environment! really it is.

The race transmission is meant for tuner's and to make setups for different tracks for better acceleration or better high speeds depending on the technicality of the course! Leave it alone and dont buy it if you dont know what your doing.

I bet you stare in the mirror and flex...
6 years ago#9
/\/\/\/\/\ LOL yeah it all depends on how studly i'm feeling that day..... today's a good mirror day!!
6 years ago#10

Even if i adjust the gears for acceleration it does not change the launch number.

So I guess WHY does the game take away 1.9 from launch when putting that in?

Everyone knows tuning does not effect any of the ratings!
---
ok then seing as that i might not b able to make it in the big race y i dont me n the last person to sign up have a race round the nurnburg ring!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Forza Motorsport 3
  3. Why does a race transmission make my car worse?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Entrepreneur AchievementXantreon17/20 7:05PM