Stock car engine swap

#1elbenPosted 11/20/2009 2:30:24 PM

I'm from europe so I'm not brought up on NASCAR and stock cars but rather touring cars and Formula One but I have to say this:

I just did a race in the 6th season where I used my ACR. To make it top out at 800 Pi in the R3 class I, among other things, decided to swap the engine for that stock car spec. one. Not only is the performance great but what an amazing noise this engine makes. WOW. I have only seen NASCAR briefly and rarely on tv and in the movie "Days of Thunder" where I first noticed the great engine noise of stock cars.
Turn 10 did a REALLY great job recreating the engine sound. That's all folks - just had to share this 8)

#2AnimeArchfiendPosted 11/20/2009 2:32:43 PM
NASCAR engines are amazing pieces of technology for sure
---
"It's weird. I used to be Protestant but after 3 hours of playing Fallout 3 I now drink goat blood and nun urine martinis." - TerminusEst
#3jreed1337Posted 11/20/2009 2:35:12 PM
Man you are lucky...we don't have F1 here. =(

Aside from the amazing engines, you aren't missing much. Nascar has got to be the lamest racing series in the world.

34 races, TWO road coarses, the rest are just left turn ovals...

There no variety in the cars, excitment between manufacturers, nothing... Just some rednecks going in a circle at 200mph...

You are a lucky man!
#4Lord_BlazenPosted 11/20/2009 2:45:36 PM
Days of Thunder is classic!!!!! Love that movie!!!! Btw Nascar and tom cruise both suck regardless of days of thunder. IMO
---
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death
- Hunter S. Thompson
#5Psyko245Posted 11/22/2009 10:38:40 PM
LOL Tom Cruise acting HAHAHAHAHAHA
#6sealcIubbersPosted 11/24/2009 5:07:06 PM
Hey jreed if you don't like NASCAR that's fine but don't hate on it when you obviously know nothing about its intricacies in strategy, it's nowhere near as simple as it looks.

---
Government is to protect us from external threats, not from ourselves.
Crazy dude on my street
#7asrttyoxoPosted 11/24/2009 6:01:48 PM
Man you are lucky...we don't have F1 here. =(

We did, but the FIA are popus jerks and even took out the Canadian GP. F1 at Indianapolis was/is huge (even after the tire fiasco a few years ago) when you think that there isn't any racing done on this continent.

Aside from the amazing engines, you aren't missing much. Nascar has got to be the lamest racing series in the world.

34 races, TWO road coarses, the rest are just left turn ovals...

There no variety in the cars, excitment between manufacturers, nothing... Just some rednecks going in a circle at 200mph...

You are a lucky man!

While I watch only 1 or 2 NASCAR races a year and many more F1 races I have to disagree that NASCAR is the lamest racing.

F1 basically follows the idea that if you get pole you will probably win. Watch a race after 10 laps and you will see a random crash here and there and a few position changes near the back end or the line, but other than that it is just a time trial.
#8asrttyoxoPosted 11/24/2009 6:02:16 PM
*pompus
#9lol_Internets1Posted 11/24/2009 7:27:41 PM
Stock car engines are incredible. Not only do they get 900hp from a freaking carbed engine but it can do that for 500+ miles at 9000RPM and then be able to do it the next day.
---
"Xbox live = Gamefaqs + sound" - MrMikeMa
"I played Madden 09 like a year ago. It was called Madden 08."-ShyneWax
#10mbc_656Posted 11/25/2009 2:15:54 AM
are people racing these online or what??
---
http://www.nanoda.com/public/images/cosplay/Gai-Rock-Lee-Cosplay-3.jpg