Hot lap best lap times

#1User101xPosted 2/8/2010 3:42:53 PM
So I'm trying to clock better lap times for the leaderboard in hot lap but my better times dont seem to save, what gives.

I've done better laps with and without using rewind or getting off track but none of them are applied to leaderboards...

any1 know what my problem is?
---
XBLGT:RECKLESS745
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#2Midnight_DUBMANPosted 2/8/2010 4:12:39 PM
You're obviously voiding the lap by either drafting, getting drafter or cutting corners.
---
OHMAiGAWDiMP0WNiNG
Every time I get killed by an ACOG M40, I'm like, "Blast, I'm in another montage." - Knight2520
#3User101x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 4:47:45 PM
??? how do i draft when i'm the only car on the track?
i can draft ghost cars????

cutting corners??? can i not use the zebra zones?

how do i know if i'm cutting corners, doesnt the rewind button show up if i do?

---
#4Midnight_DUBMANPosted 2/8/2010 4:48:32 PM

??? how do i draft when i'm the only car on the track?
i can draft ghost cars????

cutting corners??? can i not use the zebra zones?

how do i know if i'm cutting corners, doesnt the rewind button show up if i do?

Ah sorry, assumed you were racing.

Tiny little cuts can do it, and using the rewind button null and voids it I'm afraid!
---
OHMAiGAWDiMP0WNiNG
Every time I get killed by an ACOG M40, I'm like, "Blast, I'm in another montage." - Knight2520
#5Instag8orPosted 2/8/2010 5:16:15 PM
If you put a wheel off in the last segment of the previous lap, that lap will also have one of those little naughty triangles. And for some reason, just starting a lap at Le Sarthe will too.
---
I am already over it... how about you?
GT: iNSTIG80R http://www.myspace.com/1stclassdesigns
#6dark_minunPosted 2/8/2010 5:30:20 PM
Guys, he didn't say he had a penalty. Penalty times are applied to the leaderboards, they just sit at the bottom.

TC: Assuming your internet connection is running fine, (to check the connection just pop up the guide for a second and click on any online feature such as your friends list to see if it loads,) then I wonder if you mistakenly began hotlapping in the Tuning section of Career instead of the hotlap section of quick play or free play (whatever it's called) that you access from the main menu. Times ran in the tuning test run section of Career do not save to the leaderboards since there's a possibility of cheating by modifying your tune partway through.
---
Webmaster for SIKK Paint and Tuning - sikk.lefora.com
Forza 3 math: (AWD + anything = guaranteed win)
#7Instag8orPosted 2/8/2010 5:37:46 PM
^ hadn't thought of that possibility. And there is one other place to better your Hotlap standings: Career Leaderboard. I've been using that one lately, to see just how (or I should say "if") my new builds stack up. It defies everything I ever learned about applied physics, but I am starting to gain some sort of control over my V8/AWD 2003 Focus 600 PI A-Class. It's kinda fun to out hp Corvettes and Vipers with a Focus.
---
I am already over it... how about you?
GT: iNSTIG80R http://www.myspace.com/1stclassdesigns
#8dark_minunPosted 2/8/2010 5:42:41 PM
Wait there's Career leaderboards in this game? I've been longing to do some Career hotlapping but couldn't find the leaderboards for it anywhere, I kinda assumed it was another lost feature from Forza 2 . . .
---
Webmaster for SIKK Paint and Tuning - sikk.lefora.com
Forza 3 math: (AWD + anything = guaranteed win)
#9User101x(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2010 3:30:35 AM
so how do i know i "cut corners"?
can i not hit dirt? or is the lap time void only if the "rewind race" appears?
this kinda pisses me off bc i've been beating my lap times but none of them are counting...
---
#10-Morbid-Posted 2/9/2010 3:56:09 AM
Yeah, when you void the lap the little "Press select to rewind" thing will pop up at the bottom, if you voided it by going off the course.