How do I select a controller?

#1tuatara24Posted 10/2/2011 3:25:42 AM
I have a Logitech Wingman Formula GP weel, which my control panel says is working fine, but when I start the game, it defaults to a keyboard control, and I cannot find how to make it switch to using my wheel instead. I have tried to configure the wheel controls in settings in the hope that might do the trick, but it refuses to recognise any input from the wheel. Can anyone tell me how to get the game to use my wheel controller, because I certainly don't want to be stuck having to use the keyboard only!
#2CovertDeathPosted 10/2/2011 1:37:30 PM

tuatara24 posted...
I have a Logitech Wingman Formula GP weel, which my control panel says is working fine, but when I start the game, it defaults to a keyboard control, and I cannot find how to make it switch to using my wheel instead. I have tried to configure the wheel controls in settings in the hope that might do the trick, but it refuses to recognise any input from the wheel. Can anyone tell me how to get the game to use my wheel controller, because I certainly don't want to be stuck having to use the keyboard only!

similar problem here, i have a driving force GT and would LOVE to use it, i can set up buttons and such but it refuses to recognize axis in game. i have to accelerate/brake/stear with KB/M and its LAMEE

#3RabitePosted 10/2/2011 2:46:41 PM(edited)
To my knowledge you can't use a wheel in this game. The designers said it wouldn't work well with shifting and so on. Also this is the 360 board. Logitech wheels don't work on 360 either.

Edit: If you are doing this on PC try using a wired 360 controller. That will work a lot better than KB/M for this game.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
In the real world you're just a ***** with a keyboard - Saints Row The Third