how to bring "heat" down?

#1CalmBerserkerPosted 1/19/2009 8:12:53 AM
yeah i basically just got nissan skyline and i already have "heat" bar thing @ 4...

is there anyway to bring the heat down? or does heat ever go down?
#2PeterTheGeekPosted 1/22/2009 10:24:33 PM
I haven't gotten that far yet. But the other games in the NFS franchise, just paint it and change it's looks. Switching to another car that isn't so hot for a while is another way.
#3member1982Posted 1/23/2009 1:27:09 PM
did they explain that part of the game? or they assume new comers to know how to do it....
coz i ve played NFS MW, and that game allows you to change paint, wheels the look of the car to bring down the heat.
#4_Zephyre_Posted 2/3/2009 11:35:18 PM
Just change your appearance and it'll go down. You really won't notice it as much as in previous games where they had a nice, big, prominent heat meter to show you your car's standing with the cops.
#5jeffareidPosted 2/8/2009 8:57:42 PM
Don't worry about the heat level. In Undercover it's the wheelman level and the event level that determines how difficult the cops will be. The heat level has no effect on pursuits (cops are always thers) or on events where there are no pursuits (cops never there). The heat level only increases the chance of a pursuit starting on some of the events (where cops may or may not be there).
#6CirevamPosted 2/12/2009 11:17:26 AM
did they explain that part of the game? or they assume new comers to know how to do it....

Yes, they did, in the Hints and Tips menu which nobody reads. It explains that you don't have to spend money to get rid of heat, but if you leave your car parked somewhere out of sight and don't move it, the heat will slowly go down, and I mean REALLY slowly. If you're at level 4, to get it down to level 1 will take about three hours. Sometimes it's better to just put a new vinyl on or something.

Also, heat level determines how often the police will immediately engage you if they see you, regardless of how much damage you've been doing lately. There's an uncompleted bridge in Palm Harbor that I like to sit on looking over the traffic, and I've had cops start coming after me at level 2, but it took them a minute or so of driving around before they finally turned their sirens on. Another time, I was driving the speed limit on the highway (trying to get to the aforementioned bridge) and I switched my car out for a level 5 one that I wanted to take the heat off of. As soon as I exited the garage, the cops started after me.

Now I keep one or two cars at level 1 so I can drive them to a safe zone then switch out for a different car, then I leave the game running overnight.
---
Well Mister Cirevam, I don't appriciate your attitude. ~Preki_
"*shakes fist to the air* CIREVAAAAAAAAM" ~At least 20 people.