Which NFS title has the best car customization?

#1DirtyRollerPosted 6/16/2009 2:19:14 PM
Until recently the only NFS game I had ever played was NFS Underground, and the only reason I even did any of the races was to unlock cars and parts so I could build cool looking cars. I just started playing Most Wanted for the same reason and I've found that MW has an inferior customization engine.

So my question is, which of the current gen NFS titles has the best customization? I don't care about the gameplay or storyline all I want is to build cool cars.
---
Jolee: "Oh I get it. Play with the old man's balls..."
#2Avenger1324Posted 6/16/2009 3:15:44 PM
Underground is still the best NFS for car customisation. Most Wanted stripped out much of the stuff like speakers, interiors and neon, and Carbon was pretty much the same game, certainly in terms of car customisation.

Prostreet you can forget about when NFS went through its "trying to be more simulation" phase, so apart from some minor visual tweaks and basic painting there was little to do.

With Undercover you are back to the level of Carbon for customisation - a few body kits, a handful of parts for each section, and a bit of autosculpt. No neon, no coloured nitrous, no hydraulics, no speakers in the trunk, no split hoods

and what's next? NFS Shift - drop the f and it's an apt name - heading back for a supposed hardcore simulation - so expect next to nothing in the way of car modification, and handling that is nothing like the previous NFS games.
#3MrSkormPosted 6/26/2009 9:09:20 AM
NFS underground 2.

Although I did like carbon because you could make the engine come out of the hood of a camaro.

---
--- Prototype Is Awesome!! ---
#4theslimdavylpPosted 6/26/2009 10:48:33 AM

Underground 2 was probably best for customization... NFS Carbon was good too too since you can sculpt your own body kits and wheels :)

#53CDEDPosted 6/27/2009 12:55:40 AM
underground 1 and 2 plus carbon and personally i think prostreet too, the bodykits were limited but the paint was fairly good.
---
SUCK TAILPIPE FOOLISH HUMANS!!!!!!
#6JohnydoubtPosted 6/27/2009 9:11:29 AM

underground 2

then carbon

#7PyQuaPosted 7/13/2009 11:23:24 PM
Aren't they making a free online racing game soon? (Not sure if it's free free or free to play online)
#8mbax350ZPosted 7/23/2009 6:12:15 PM
I think it was Underground 2 it had the most , but Prostreet looked best and Shift looks better than them all but im not to happy with it cause its going back to legal racing , i miss underground lol.
#9Avenger1324Posted 7/26/2009 9:22:21 AM

PyQua posted...
Aren't they making a free online racing game soon? (Not sure if it's free free or free to play online)

Yes - but it isn't coming to consoles.

They split NFS into 3 games - NFS Shift for 360/PS3/PC, NFS Nitro for Wii, and the game you are talking about is for PC online only (not sure on the title)