Titan Quest better than this?

#1creepyfishPosted 3/12/2009 9:41:00 AM
According to Gamespot, they said you are better off playing Titan Quest than Scared Stones 2 for PC version. I haven't played either of the games, but if anyone played both game before, please leave feedback. Thanks.

---
PS3 screen name:glyst81 Currently playing LOTR Conquest using Scout 95% of the time
#2the5elementPosted 3/12/2009 10:29:41 PM
never heard of sacred stones 2 but i have titan quest and its xpac and thx for reminding me ima go and finish whatever difficulty i left of in in it.
---
I'll tell you what i do like: A killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer, cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough - Zorg
#3FoolsFollyPosted 3/12/2009 10:34:25 PM
Have not played Sacred 2 yet, but Titan Quest is a pretty good game. So is Diablo 2. So is Dungeon Siege 2. They all follow the same basic winning formula but with their own subtle variations.
From what I've seen, Sacred 2 follows the same formula. All I'm really looking forward to in Sacred 2 are the nice graphics, and the large world to explore, many quests to complete, multiple difficulty levels to challenge, and varied classes to learn about. None of it is really terribly original, but it should prove entertaining for a while.
---
Proud Hikikomori. It's not a mental disorder, it's a lifestyle choice.
#4BlakkhiemPosted 3/21/2009 7:00:51 PM
Personally, I dont think Titan quest is better. The world in this game is gigantic and the quality of the world is fantastic. Also, with Titan Quest, you were forced along a certain path. In Sacred 2, you are completely free to go wherever you want. WAY more freedom in this game in all aspects of the world. Also, I wasnt a big fan of the character models in titan quest. I didnt like wearing a mini skirt into the heat of battle. Plus the leveling up system is very detailed, giving you a feeling of connection to the character you create.

I highly recommend this game to anyone. I just got it for pc 4 days ago and I have played it for around 30 hours. (I know its sad, I just cant help it, I get addicted to loot-whore games) And not only that but I have uncovered less than 1/4th of the world map. Pretty impressive.
#5chamminPosted 3/21/2009 8:12:39 PM
^ I actually think Titan Quest has one of the best Class Creation systems I've ever seen. I like the idea of the combos you can make. But you make some good points in Sacred 2's favor. I wouldnt say titan quest is better but it's the only game ive been playing the past couple days so it's pretty good also.
---
PSN: Cham88
#6chamminPosted 3/21/2009 8:15:03 PM
I wasnt a big fan of the character models in titan quest. I didnt like wearing a mini skirt into the heat of battle.

Also, the Allskins mod helps with this. Although you might not prefer completely naked either, there are some good alternatives.
---
PSN: Cham88
#7BlakkhiemPosted 3/22/2009 9:03:47 AM
Dont get me wrong, I spent many hours with Titan Quest, it was a truly awesome game. It's just that in the end, my character didnt exactly look like the badass I had in mind. Oh and I will say say one thing that bothers me about Sacred 2. Predetermined gender. I dont think I like it very much. But it isnt a huge let down I guess, just minor.