Just picked up the game, impressions (spoilers)

#1digitalgamerPosted 6/3/2009 12:24:37 AM
- game starts with a very tale like title screen
- skits are the same as the tales series, even the stuff they talk about sounds awfully familiar
- the game loads really fast, almost everything comes up instantly
- battles can be finished really fast with the right combination, it does get tedious during normal encounters though, but the auto command system is there to compensate
- map has to be found, even in town, you need to talk to the NPC to get them for free
- weapons customization is like FF9 where you can learn abilities by equipping, spells are similar to ED6:sora no kiseki where you have to equip orbs and expands
- I think this is one of the rare game where the in game models look closer to the art than CG, I rather they cut the CG and use the space to voice every single line
- the buttons layout is inconvenient on the wiimote so it's better to play with the classic controller
#2legendaryhero99Posted 6/3/2009 1:39:42 AM
Nice, sounds great. Can't wait to pick it up in November
---
psn - legendaryhero99
If you have a backloggery account, add me. legendaryhero99
#3SaihigPosted 6/3/2009 3:43:53 AM
How is that possible? It's not out till tomorrow.
#4dalianPosted 6/3/2009 5:24:33 AM
Well account for the fact that the game was leaked, the time difference, and the fact that street dates get broken...well it's not really far fetched is it?
---
Anticipating:BBS,Persona,Fate/Codes, ToG,ToVS,ToV(ps3),Grand Slam Tennis,BlazBlue
Currently Playing:GG^C+,MBAC,Persona 4,
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 6/3/2009 5:57:11 AM
How did he survive that freefall from the sky
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6L0rdCrumpPosted 6/3/2009 6:54:26 AM
sounds great.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#7digitalgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2009 3:50:52 PM
Well account for the fact that the game was leaked, the time difference, and the fact that street dates get broken...well it's not really far fetched is it?

I must have some godly internet speed if I am a few hours in the game the night it was leaked, lol.

How did he survive that freefall from the sky

007 QoS style by breaking the fall few seconds before he land.
#8digitalgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2009 10:19:08 PM
- the difficulty between random battles and boss battle is huge, each boss will laugh at the party during the gameover screen
- the pacing of the story is pretty good, you won't get stuck in most area for more than 1 hour each, 5 hours in and 16/17 of the characters on the main site were introduced already
- although the party limit is 3 character, another one will join as guest so basically 4 characters during most of the time I spent playing for now, even party members not in battle will gain experience
#9XxShArInGaNxXPosted 6/3/2009 11:32:12 PM
game is pretty good so far and the towns are nice and big :)
question though since your far ahead, im kinda stuck at the 3rd town i got to the point where this old looking dude with glasses came talked to him again for a minor cutscene and i dont know what to do, i cant leave town
---
"I need more money for all the dates i've been on"
"You go on dates even when your broke? You're a dumbass, you know that?"
#10saito1234Posted 6/4/2009 5:45:14 AM
omg, i hardly defeated the corpse summoner boss first time after a couple of tries, but then he comes for a second time inside the building, and he easily defeated me again, am i doing something wrong, or are the boss fights really this hard?:|